PDA

View Full Version : Child Benefit

nannymcflea
04-10-2010, 12:16 PM
The Tories are going to axe CB if one parent earns over £44000.

If both parents work and earn £40000 each they will still keep it!:eek:

Mookins
04-10-2010, 12:22 PM
The Tories are going to axe CB if one parent earns over £44000.

If both parents work and earn £40000 each they will still keep it!:eek:

just been listening about this....cos that makes sooo much sense doesnt it:rolleyes:

honestly they coulkdnt organise a knees up in a brewery

xx

Pipsqueak
04-10-2010, 12:24 PM
obviously one idea is tory the other is liberal - they decided to keep both ideas:laughing:

its not a laughing matter really - I can see why they'd stop CB for higher earners but surely they need to do it on household income or are they going to start re-assessing other 'benefits' based on both lots of parents being able to claim.

nannymcflea
04-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Apparently the workings out on both parents "would cost too much to implement".:rolleyes:

Mookins
04-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Apparently the workings out on both parents "would cost too much to implement".:rolleyes:

youre joking?

give me pen and paper and il work it out for free!!

:rolleyes:
xx

tashaleee
04-10-2010, 12:38 PM
obviously one idea is tory the other is liberal - they decided to keep both ideas:laughing:

its not a laughing matter really - I can see why they'd stop CB for higher earners but surely they need to do it on household income or are they going to start re-assessing other 'benefits' based on both lots of parents being able to claim.

Not funny but did make me :laughing:

It does make sense for higher earners BUT there needs to be a logical system in place... but knowing this country we wont get one :rolleyes:

Mookins
04-10-2010, 12:43 PM
i reckon they are probably the families that are earning that amount as are their partners so they thought..."we arent missing out on this"

xx

Bananabrain
04-10-2010, 12:49 PM
This country is run by a bunch of muppets.
That's all I've got to say.

Ripeberry
04-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Total madness! But then you could get into a situation where your pay was 'just over' the threshold and you would lose out on CB BUT if you took a pay-cut then you would qualify.

Only employers would be loving this, some people would not want a small pay rise that would tip them over the 'edge' and they could potentialy lose £££s of pounds :( And what if your circumstances change? Is that too much 'paperwork' for them?

Not been thought through properly.

Oh yes, and in the meantime the banks wants billions £££s to be bailed out again :angry: Very simple stop giving yourselves HUGE bonuses!!!

Can you not tell that I hate bankers :censored:

Pipsqueak
04-10-2010, 12:57 PM
This country is run by a bunch of muppets.
That's all I've got to say.

aww now I think thats unfair Louise - Kermit is much more savvy and gorgeous than Nick or David lol

Bananabrain
04-10-2010, 01:20 PM
aww now I think thats unfair Louise - Kermit is much more savvy and gorgeous than Nick or David lol

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Ripeberry hit the nail on the head by saying it's not been thought through properly.
That's the problem with this country. The muppets have these fantastic ideas. But no-one really sits down and thinks about how it will work in real life.
Reckon the government are slipping into panic mode.
My cat could do a better job.

Mookins
04-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Total madness! But then you could get into a situation where your pay was 'just over' the threshold and you would lose out on CB BUT if you took a pay-cut then you would qualify.

Only employers would be loving this, some people would not want a small pay rise that would tip them over the 'edge' and they could potentialy lose £££s of pounds :( And what if your circumstances change? Is that too much 'paperwork' for them?

Not been thought through properly.

Oh yes, and in the meantime the banks wants billions £££s to be bailed out again :angry: Very simple stop giving yourselves HUGE bonuses!!!

Can you not tell that I hate bankers :censored:

omg they never do? for goodness sake:mad:

they need somone to create them a budget...i send my mum in she busgets for everything,
i said to my hubby why dont they just print more money to sort out the HUGE debt...just this once and start a fresh!!

xxx