PDA

View Full Version : Too many folders !!???

funfunfun
03-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Evening everyone .......:)

I have a question for you????????

I have 1 x folder and two a4 document wallets for each child
the a4 binder folder i keep eyfs stuff
wallet 1 contract
wallet 2 child personal record /permissions......

Do they have to be stored like this as im running out of space with 4 mindees :panic:

I store EYFS downstairs and the the document wallets in the lockable unit ........should they be accesable ??? as they are upstairs .......
Is this right :panic:

think iv just baffled myself with the big pile infront of me :laughing:

sarah707
03-10-2010, 06:37 PM
I have 2 files for each child... one locked away which contains contract, all about me, attendance records, medication forms etc.

Another which has the learning journey inside which is updated every month.

I then have a file which sits on my desk and which is updated daily, which includes ongoing obs / planning etc just for this month.

Hth :D

funfunfun
03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I have 2 files for each child... one locked away which contains contract, all about me, attendance records, medication forms etc.

Another which has the learning journey inside which is updated every month.

I then have a file which sits on my desk and which is updated daily, which includes ongoing obs / planning etc just for this month.

Hth :D

Thankyou

So maybe i could reduce it and put the wallets together Sarah ???

Also i put my obs / individual planning and things in the eyfs folder ........

I have a file for myself with general planning risk asses.fire drill record etc

Does this sound ok ??

beccas
03-10-2010, 06:46 PM
i have a file with all contracts, permissionn forms etc about child
and thena file called learning journal which ahs all obs and planning relating to the child.

i also have a portfolio to show parents eg certs policies etc
then i have a daily file with registers risk asses, visitors sheet, planning

funfunfun
03-10-2010, 06:49 PM
i have a file with all contracts, permissionn forms etc about child
and thena file called learning journal which ahs all obs and planning relating to the child.

i also have a portfolio to show parents eg certs policies etc
then i have a daily file with registers risk asses, visitors sheet, planning

I have vertually the same :)

mrs_scottydog
03-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Mine is also very similar to Beccas. Hx

Rain or Shine
12-10-2010, 02:49 PM
I've gotta say guys, i'm reading all these posts going wow! :clapping:

I'm currently trying to get all of my folders sorted ready for Ofsted pre reg interview. Should my risk assessments be available for parents with the policies or in a diff place?

Thanks

The Juggler
12-10-2010, 06:00 PM
i have 2 folders per child like Sarah. One for contracts, accident forms and then their learning journey.

Mrs Book
12-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Need to think about this then.

At the moment have all contracts, emergency details accident forms, register in my MM folder locked away.

Then mindee has her learning journal.

I have a planning file with monthly plans and any extra work bits of ideas which were in the plans. Also planning to put photos of ideas we have made.

A risk assessment file with all my risk assessments in.

Chatterbox Childcare
12-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I have a few files: 1 for each child's learning journey and then 1 file with information sheet, contracts and letters in (everyone's in one file)

Still don't have enough space for everything either

miffy
12-10-2010, 08:51 PM
i have 2 folders per child like Sarah. One for contracts, accident forms and then their learning journey.

That's what I do for the children too

But then I have my folders with planning, RA's, complaints (empty, ha ha), training certificates, course handouts and all sorts of other possibly vital but seldom looked at stuff!
:rolleyes: Think it's time for a clear out!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
12-10-2010, 08:57 PM
That's what I do for the children too

But then I have my folders with planning, RA's, complaints (empty, ha ha), training certificates, course handouts and all sorts of other possibly vital but seldom looked at stuff!
:rolleyes: Think it's time for a clear out!

Miffy xx

lol me too - try not to think about them. Register, RA file, planning file, pull outs with possible activity ideas file, good articles file oooh and then my portfolio!:laughing: :laughing:

miffy
12-10-2010, 08:59 PM
lol me too - try not to think about them. Register, RA file, planning file, pull outs with possible activity ideas file, good articles file oooh and then my portfolio!:laughing: :laughing:

I know it's sad, but I'm soooo glad it's not just me! :laughing:

Miffy xx