PDA

View Full Version : My journey ends...it's not for me

Baileys'n'cream
03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
I have decided to halt my childminding dream, after much deliberation and discussion with my DH, mum and friends I have decided that it is not for me :(

If only I had thought about it when I had my DD 7 years ago but right now, in my current situation it's not the correct path to take I feel

I am quite comfortable in my job, and although I don't love it (who does?) the pay is reasonable and I get a lot of time with my children and hubby doing my current hours

I had a taste of childminding through helping out a friend and having her daughter for a few days until they arranged childcare, all unpaid may I add, and although she is such a darling I don't think I could do it full time, it's just not me, think I may be a bit lazy :blush:

There are quite a lot of different reasons, money being a main one, but after making the decision I know it is the right one for me and my family :)

I am passing my EYFS to a friend on the course who is unable to get hold of a copy, the course was/is an absolute joke actually :(

I want to thank you for all your help and advice, this is such a great forum and exactly what I needed to find

Especially thank you to Tammy, who has been great and I hope we will stay frinds and I'm sure I will see her around still :) :)

Good luck to everyone who is currently training to be a childminder too :)

miss mopple
03-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Thats a real shame but it seems like you have really thought about it and come to the right decision for you

good luck with wherever you go from here

x

Baileys'n'cream
03-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Just wanted to add that when I say the course is a joke I mean the particular course I was taking in my area, which is brand new, I don't mean to offend anybody

I wrote a thread about it about 3-4 weeks ago, the tutor did not know how to run it and the books we needed and the sign-on for our online service weren't available :(

Plus, hardly anyone could or can get the EYFS :(

ORKSIE
03-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Good luck for the future, I know this job is not for everybody.

Glad to hear that you are happy, sounds like you made the right choice for you and your family, who of course come first:thumbsup:

xx

Mookins
03-10-2010, 05:27 PM
aaaw hun...at least youve decided now before you spent loads of money sorting things out

good luck with future prospects

xxxx

Blaze
03-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Sounds like you have made the right decision for you at this point in your life - do pop on from time to time to say hello - don't be a total stranger! x

sarah707
03-10-2010, 06:39 PM
If you ever decide to come back you know where we are!

Good luck with everything :D

TammyN
03-10-2010, 06:56 PM
ahh what a shame we won't be seeing you at group i guess you have made the right choice for you and your family tho and im sure you will be fine.
i will still see you around no doubt and wish you all the luck in the future, pm me what was wrong with course tho as i know someone else on that course and i may be able to help her if she is struggling.

take care, Tammy xx

coffee-time
03-10-2010, 08:37 PM
i know how you feel im having second thoughts myself, but ive done all the hard stuff (policies, risk assessments ect) so think im gonna stick it out a bit longer and see how things go. good luck though im sure youve made the right desicion for you and your family;)