PDA

View Full Version : Contracts?

louised
02-10-2010, 10:32 AM
I recently switched from NCMA to MM but still have some NCMA contracts, can I use them even though I'm not a member anymore, It seems a shame to throw them away

Pipsqueak
02-10-2010, 12:01 PM
oooh I don't know
bumping for you...

if not sell em!:)

PixiePetal
02-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I need to know too!

Insurance runs out soon, been sent my reminder from NCMA and deciding who to go with :)

sarah707
02-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Morton Michel do not mind what contracts you use so long as they are properly worded, professional and will protect you if something goes wrong.

So yes you can use up your old NCMA ones :D

karensmart4
02-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Umm don't want to be a pain in the proverble but Ofsted don't like you mixing them.....If you use NCMA for some children then have MM for others Mrs O complains...well she did to me a few years ago anyway :rolleyes:

louised
02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Umm don't want to be a pain in the proverble but Ofsted don't like you mixing them.....If you use NCMA for some children then have MM for others Mrs O complains...well she did to me a few years ago anyway

This shouldn't be a problem as i have just been inspected and I renew them every year so by the time I get inspected I should have used them up, thanks for the info though:)

wellybelly
02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Is there any difference in the contracts? Are ones better than the other? I'm in the same position, just started with MM but still using NCMA.

louised
02-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Is there any difference in the contracts? Are ones better than the other? I'm in the same position, just started with MM but still using NCMA

The MM ones look a lot more complicated to me, they are 5 pages long instead of 3 like the NCMA ones, I'm gonna use up my NCMA ones first before Iattempt to use MM

wellybelly
03-10-2010, 07:53 AM
The MM ones look a lot more complicated to me, they are 5 pages long instead of 3 like the NCMA ones, I'm gonna use up my NCMA ones first before Iattempt to use MM

5 pages long OMG! I think i'll do the same and use my NCMA ones up first.

Rain or Shine
03-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Whats MM????

I am a newbie and have never heard of this. I know of NCMA.

sarah707
04-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Whats MM????

I am a newbie and have never heard of this. I know of NCMA.

NCMA is a registered charity which lobbies for childminders... it also recommends an insurance company and provides legal advice for the company.

Morton Michel (MM) are an insurance company who offer a range of extras and benefits in their Childminder Club.

http://www.*****************/ChildMinder/

These are the 2 places from which you can buy insurance as a childminder. :D

Rain or Shine
12-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Which have you found the best to use?

I will get a free membership with NCMA when i am registered, will it be a problem for me to swap after this?

Can you make your own contracts based on the ones from NCMA as long as all is included?

Thanks