PDA

View Full Version : EYFS Knowledge

Flisspaps
01-10-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm registering as a childminder, and have attended the Briefing sessions and have done first aid and safeguarding training. I'm not doing the EYFS 1 training until mid November.

I've not yet sent off my forms to Ofsted as at the briefing session the leaders said that we had to know the two EYFS booklets (Stat and Non-Stat guidance) 'inside out' before registering. My concern is mainly the Learning and Development section as the rest is covered by P&P.

How do the inspectors know that you know what it says - I know there's the pre-reg visit booklet and all the questions in there (which I've answered) but I just wondered if there was a bit more to the pre-reg visit than I envisaged - like a sort of 'what kind of activities would you put on for a four month old and a two year old to develop their KUW' sort of thing?

I know they'll want to check the safety of the house and have a look at policies and procedures, but I don't know how much EYFS Learning and Development stuff I'm supposed to know for the visit.

Surely you'd never need to know all of it off-pat at the beginning? :panic:

Pipsqueak
01-10-2010, 07:03 PM
you are not expected at any point to know EYFS inside and out - there probably not many experienced minders who will know it verbatim either!:) well apart from our Sarah but she is dead clever anyhow! lol

yes they may ask you what sort of activities you will provide for x child and x child of ages. they might ask you what could you link it too, why.

they will want to see that you have or know you need to develop a good range of resources or the resources in the community (library, toy library, drop ins, story sacks, rhyme time etc).

Flisspaps
02-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks Pipsqueak - the way the course leaders portrayed it was as if we had to know the L&D section verbatim which I didn't think sounded right!