PDA

View Full Version : icp question

cristinatuscanu
01-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Hello,i have another question,it is about the icp course.Do we have to do the course with the early years local team or i can just do the same course with a different training centre?I found one that you have to pay for but its during the weekend in one sat and sunday and that is perfect for me as my hubby is off and can babysit.My coordinator said no,it has to be done with them.What do you think?Their course starts in jan and is for 12 weeks:( What should i do?

mama2three
01-10-2010, 05:56 PM
I would be very surprised if they can get all the information in over 2 days to be honest , though I cant see why it shouldnt be 'allowed'.

cristinatuscanu
01-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Yes, over 2 days for 16 hours:)

sarah707
01-10-2010, 06:18 PM
It depends where you live!

For example here in East Cheshire you must do a 12 week course unless they run a shorter one which covers the same information over full days in, for example, the school holidays.

Your local people will be able to confirm exactly what is appropriate.

I hope that helps :D

cristinatuscanu
01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Sarah,the local team have a 12 week course but only starts next year in jan,i was hoping to get the short way and do it with a different organisation,but i am so confused now,they say the course meets the ofsted regulations,but can i be sure?

SJ35
01-10-2010, 07:10 PM
hi,
i had this with my council too, i was going to pay and do it through the NEC college but couldn't, as my council said i had to do it through them. Had to wait another 5 months for the course to start from when i wanted to start- but- even though i moaned at the time- its really nice to work through it with a group of us.

Stace x x

Pipsqueak
01-10-2010, 07:21 PM
I too would be extremly surprised if they can fit the whole of the ICP into two days - 16 hrs. you are going to have a lunch break and couple of comfort breaks in there somewhere too.

2hrs a week for 12 weeks is 24hrs worth of ICP.

i know you can do alternative courses but is generally your LA one or an approved one.

cristinatuscanu
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
It seems that i'll have to wait until jan then.But i still can register with ofsted until then as we can do this course within 6 months of registration,thank you all.

Rain or Shine
03-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi,

I'm new on here and this is my first post but thought i'd tell you my course detail. I live in Lincolnshire and my course is 3 fridays in a row, full days and thats it.

Not sure why yours is over so much time and ours is not? Someone in the Cambridge area found a course for themselves and was allowed to use it. Maybe your council need to keep their numbers up????? I have no idea, just a guess.

Nappers
11-10-2010, 10:47 PM
What is ICP? I am new .. sorry for being a bit dumb

Mookins
12-10-2010, 09:51 AM
What is ICP? I am new .. sorry for being a bit dumb

not dumb hun great question to ask ICP is Introduction to childcare practice (homebased)
its the course you have to do to become a childminder:)

we weere told where i live that can only go through the council provided courses.Mine is childminding matters here in Norfolk. Its good though because i met loads of other cm's, you then have people to contact with any problems, you are also on their database if they have any enquiries they can contact you.
My development officer came round yesterday just to go over things with me if i needed any help (forgot she was coming and was then scrubbing the loo:blush:

its support you may not get with online courses, plus if you pay for the online course and then they tell you in your area you cant work unless yo do thier course youve wasted ya money:eek:

xxx

Nappers
12-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for that, is this the same as the pre reg course I have done?