PDA

View Full Version : Help and advice ?!

handeme
01-10-2010, 02:06 PM
I a just starting out and have written and re-written my policies and procedures!! Just can not seem to get the right.

With regards to fees and admissions how does this sound?

I charge an hourly rate of £3.50 for under 5s, 5 and over £3.25.

Payment is for 52 weeks a year split equally over 12 months, bank holidays are payble.

Shoud i be unwell, on holiday or unable to provide care there is no charge and will be refunded against the next monthly invoice.

Fees are payable one month in advance on the first working day of the calendar month.

Upon signing a contract if care is to commence within 1 month, the first months fees are payable as a deposit, should you deicde within this month to cancel our agreement, £100 of the deposit will be kept back to cover paperwork and preparations of the commencment of care.

Should you require any additional hours from what stated on your contract these will be charged on the following months invoice.

What do you suggest if care is booked in adavance, say for example they want a place but do not want it to commence for 3 months?

Also, I was thinking of charging for there holidays, would you agree?

Any help would be much appreciated.

c x

handeme
01-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Also, just another thought, sorry.

When you ave a child in your care that goes to a nursery or pre-school do you charge for the three hours that they are at nursery??

I can see it from both sides, the parent wont actually want to pay you when you are not looking after them but then again you can not fill there place for three hours a day.

Pipsqueak
01-10-2010, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=hazzaeddieandme;790620]I a just starting out and have written and re-written my policies and procedures!! Just can not seem to get the right.

Payment is for 52 weeks a year split equally over 12 months, bank holidays are payble.

Shoud i be unwell, on holiday or unable to provide care there is no charge and will be refunded against the next monthly invoice.

Fees are payable one month in advance on the first working day of the calendar month.

Upon signing a contract if care is to commence within 1 month, the first months fees are payable as a deposit, should you deicde within this month to cancel our agreement, £100 of the deposit will be kept back to cover paperwork and preparations of the commencment of care.

Should you require any additional hours from what stated on your contract these will be charged on the following months invoice.

What do you suggest if care is booked in adavance, say for example they want a place but do not want it to commence for 3 months?

c x[/QUOTE

Why not grid it.

Under 5's xxx
Over 5's xxx per hour per child

My time off, holidays, sickness, setting closure - NO FEE
Client time off, holidays, sickness, non attendance - FULL FEE

Fees are payable monthly in advance, payable on the first working day of each month. Any alterations/refunds will be deducted from the following month
Deposit required to secure contract space. Non refundable

etc

Chatterbox Childcare
01-10-2010, 04:01 PM
I a just starting out and have written and re-written my policies and procedures!! Just can not seem to get the right.

either put the ages first or the fees first but keep them the same

I would say over 12 months, bank holidays included (rate as per contract if used)

My sickness and holidays No Fee and child/parent sickness Full Fee

Is this legal? Sounds really excessive and off putting

Additional hours outside the contracted hours will be invoiced in the following month

If care is not required immediately then a retainer/non refundable deposit will be charged

Yes - covered above

c x

Re your second comment - charge whilst at nursery as they will want the space in the holidays

handeme
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Thank you.

I have written it more clear cut but just thought I would write a breif descritpion on here.

Just another couple of questions, sorry.

If someone agrees to come to you and when they sign the contract they provide the first months fees in advance (if starting within the month) they then before the little one starts decides not to continue with the childcare, do you just terminate the agreement and return the months fees that they have paid or do you take some kind of a deposit? That is what I was trying to get to when saying keep back £100.

Also what are everyones policies on working xmas?

c x