PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Festival - EYFS?

Chell
30-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Could anyone tell me what I can link attending a harvest festival to in the EYFS please? It is for a 15mth old.

Many thanks,
Chell

christine e
30-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Well if he/she seems interested then you could link it to KUW - communities 8-20 months - show an interest in social life around them

sarah707
30-09-2010, 05:26 PM
CD songs and rhymes? :D

Chell
30-09-2010, 06:35 PM
She didn't really react to the music. I had her on my knee jiggly to the songs but she didn't show any interest. When I asked her to look for my children and the two afterschoolers she showed an interest in looking for them.

This was only the fourth time she has been with me so she isn't 100% comfortable with me yet. She has been used to spending a lot of time with Dad who is now out working.

sarah707
30-09-2010, 06:44 PM
If she was happy sitting on your knee then she is starting to bond... especially as she was looking for your children.

I'd probably not think about the reason for the outing, but more the way she is settling and link it to PSED :D

Chell
30-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Thank you, I feel sorry for her as she had no settling in time as circumstances changed very quickly, my son was ill and then her Mum was ill so she was dumped with me really. On day one I had my inspection so there was another stranger in the house.

She'll show that she is upset but is happy as long as she can cling to me. She won't be distracted with toys in the house but is happy as anything when out.