PDA

View Full Version : learning to write name?

mushpea
30-09-2010, 05:49 AM
is there a website that you can print childrens names off in dots so they can learn to write their name,,,, and is it ok for them to use a feltip or a drywipe pen so i can laminate it for them to use again and agian ,, i know they use pencil at school but will it be a big difference if they use pen to learn with first.

peanuts
30-09-2010, 06:07 AM
just laminate their name for them to do, it saves on paper and if they get it wrong they can wipe it clean and try again.

hello kitty
30-09-2010, 06:37 AM
How about this:

http://www.maddisonworks.com/games/letters/letters.aspx
:D

Mykidsrock
30-09-2010, 06:38 AM
just laminate their name for them to do, it saves on paper and if they get it wrong they can wipe it clean and try again.

This is exactly what I do, but firstly I print it off big and dark then use say a red pen to go over, gradually I make it lighter and lighter to trace over, move to dots then move to just having lined laminated paper (did this with my own as well).

Ive also done it for shape, numbers and letters.

Hope that helps xx

Joda
30-09-2010, 07:55 AM
When I worked in a Montessori nursery, we used to write the childs name on a piece of card and they used tracing paper to trace over it. I do that now with my pre-school children - they usually trace over it twice - one to take home and one I keep in their folder to see how their letter forming has progressed.