PDA

View Full Version : car insurance

eviesnanny
28-09-2010, 11:29 AM
I have just phoned the insurance company about changing to business use.
He said I would need business class 1 and that it will cost an extra £90.51 with private mileage at 5000 and business mileage at 2000.

I'm wondering if this is because my husband is a mechanic and they think he may use it for his business.

I didn't realise mileage was a consideration.

Too much for this small brain:eek: . I shall ask husband to phone them back and to specify it is just for my business to see if this makes a difference. I just cant be bothered trying to understand insurance. That's what husbands are for.

rickysmiths
28-09-2010, 11:49 AM
It probably depends on the company you are with, how long you have been driving, what car you have, do they think you will be storing expensive tools in the car?

In 17yrs of Childminding I have never had to pay extra to have Class 1 insurance. Mind you I have had a driving licience since 1973 and never had a single point and only 2 claims in all that time. :blush:

clio0602
28-09-2010, 12:40 PM
I have just renewed my insurance and saved £100 by going with Morton Michel. They just asked for total milage so unsure about that.

Only spoke to them yesterday at 2pm and all documents were on the doorstep this morning! :thumbsup: Def recommend when your current one lapses x