PDA

View Full Version : Doing My Accounts on Laptop?

Michelle M
07-04-2008, 07:00 PM
I have the NCMA Accounts book, but hubby being helpful that he is has done everything on the Laptop, but as haven’t kept it up-to-date in the NCMA book, its going to take me hours to transfer it all over. My own fault for being a lazy moo, but do you think its ok to just print it all out from the laptop or does it have to be in the NCMA book? Its in the same format as NCMA Accounts book.

:)

mum2two
07-04-2008, 07:10 PM
No it doesn't have to be in the NCMA book - that's just there if you want to use it.

As long as you have records of your accounts if the IR ever wanted to see it then that's all that matters. If you don't need the NCMA book - don't waste hours filling it out.

Kelly x

manjay
07-04-2008, 07:54 PM
No it doesn't have to be in the NCMA book - that's just there if you want to use it.

As long as you have records of your accounts if the IR ever wanted to see it then that's all that matters. If you don't need the NCMA book - don't waste hours filling it out.

Kelly x

I agree. I don't use my NCMA book I use an excel spread sheet instead. Much easier. I just keep a copy on disc for if Mr taxman ever wants to visit

amanda xx

Tatia
09-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Same again. My husband does all my accounts in excel. I have several blank accounts books cos I've never used them.

sarah707
09-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Am I totally out of date?

I am sure I read somewhere (don't know where) a while ago (probably years) that you had to keep a paper copy of all your accounts, even if you do them electronically as well...

Hmmm, I have no idea where that information came from, but it's rattling around inside my head... :rolleyes:

susi513
14-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Perhaps you have to produce a paper copy for the tax man if they ever want to check your records?

Also its easy to lose a cd-rom or have a problem with your pc so best to have lots of backup copies just in case. I print mine out every year but did wonder whether there was any point in using all that ink & paper.

brillminder
18-04-2008, 04:49 PM
i print off a copy when all completed to put with reciepts etc & keep a pc copy

deeb66
18-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I do think on Excel and print them off and file in storage box with that years receipts so that I have complete paper records should Mr Taxman want to see it all