PDA

View Full Version : Next steps ??

funfunfun
26-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Evening ........

I went to my DHC1 1st session yesterday and i was asking about eyfs obs and stuff and i said i had done obs that i had seen throughout the day and linked them into EYFS .

My question to her was " do we always have to do a next steps "

"yes" :panic::blush:

Now on the childrens individaul planning (based on their interests) i have done next steps (on the caterpiller sheets) . BUT on everday obs i havnt !!!

She said i wasnt doing this correct :blush: as there always has to be a next steps.

Is this right ................what are your thoughts??

Pipsqueak
26-09-2010, 05:50 PM
I always put a few next steps on the obs - to show that I know where its supposed to be heading; give me a few reminders when I am collating the information on obs to transfer to planning.

No idea if you HAVE to though.

That way, when I am doing individual and group planning then i can refer back to next steps - (I can then show a definate link right the way through - The Planning Cycle).

funfunfun
26-09-2010, 06:17 PM
I always put a few next steps on the obs - to show that I know where its supposed to be heading; give me a few reminders when I am collating the information on obs to transfer to planning.

No idea if you HAVE to though.

That way, when I am doing individual and group planning then i can refer back to next steps - (I can then show a definate link right the way through - The Planning Cycle).

How many obs do you do ?? do you just focus on the one area & next steps or a few different areas with next steps

sarah707
26-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Some observations stand alone as statements... they do not need next steps.

Other observations are crying out for next steps ideas.

There is no definitive answer to your question, it depends on the situation :D

funfunfun
26-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Some observations stand alone as statements... they do not need next steps.

Other observations are crying out for next steps ideas.

There is no definitive answer to your question, it depends on the situation :D

Thankyou ........:thumbsup: