PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Risk Assessment

lizzymoonshine
25-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi

Just realised its me again doing the next post!!! lol

I just wondered if anyone had a risk assessment for first aid that they could share?

Been on a Paediatric first aid course today and was told we needed one. :)

ttthhhannnnkkkkk yyyyooouuuuu :)

beccas
25-09-2010, 05:04 PM
what i wasnt told i needed a risk assesmnet for first aid!!!

how can you risk asses something that you dont know when its going to happen or how

mama2three
25-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Sorry Lizzy , not got one. Would never have thought of having one either!

sarah707
25-09-2010, 05:47 PM
That's a new one on me too!

I have a risk assessment for carrying my first aid kit on outings and storing it in the house out of sight and reach of children but easily accessible in emergency... but that's all :D

Zoomie
25-09-2010, 08:22 PM
perhaps the date your first aid runs out (usually valid for 3 years) ?

lizzymoonshine
25-09-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm back there next week, so I will ask and let you all know :)

CHEEKY BEE
26-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi, when I had my First Aid Course I was told that we had to have a COSHH sheet for everything used that mindees might come into contact with or usei.e. anti bac wipes, playdoh, paint, glue, household cleaners i use, etc.
The list is endless, anyway can u imagine the amount of extra paperwork.

My point is having checked this with Ofsted and my CDO I was told if I did it would probably get u outstanding but it wasn't in the legal requirements of the EYFS and therefore not required.

i can't see anything in the EYFS requiring a risk assessment for First Aid so I haven't got one.

rickysmiths
26-09-2010, 12:09 PM
That's a new one on me too!

I have a risk assessment for carrying my first aid kit on outings and storing it in the house out of sight and reach of children but easily accessible in emergency... but that's all :D

I do this also and state that one is always kept in the boot of my car on my car risk assessment but not a specfic First Aid One.

rickysmiths
26-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi, when I had my First Aid Course I was told that we had to have a COSHH sheet for everything used that mindees might come into contact with or usei.e. anti bac wipes, playdoh, paint, glue, household cleaners i use, etc.
The list is endless, anyway can u imagine the amount of extra paperwork.

My point is having checked this with Ofsted and my CDO I was told if I did it would probably get u outstanding but it wasn't in the legal requirements of the EYFS and therefore not required.

i can't see anything in the EYFS requiring a risk assessment for First Aid so I haven't got one.

I have a COSHH file. Most manufacturers produce the COSHH sheets for their products online so it isn't too had to google and print the ones you need. I must confess I only tend to do it for cleaners etc with a black cross on the back. Perhaps I should start to build up a few more.

playdayz
15-01-2011, 08:44 PM
I have a COSHH file. Most manufacturers produce the COSHH sheets for their products online so it isn't too had to google and print the ones you need. I must confess I only tend to do it for cleaners etc with a black cross on the back. Perhaps I should start to build up a few more.

hey, what is the best site to download coshh sheets from?

sarah707
16-01-2011, 09:14 AM

Just hunt for them on the manufacturer's website if you want to download some.

Otherwise you can phone manufacturers and ask them to post COSHH forms to you.

You don't need them for Ofsted unless you employ someone... however they are useful for information about using chemicals appropriately.

Hth :D

rickysmiths
16-01-2011, 12:23 PM

Sorry only just seen this. The same as Sarah says. Sometimes if you phone the manufacturer, number will be on the product, they will email the details to you.

Most of the commonly used products are easy to get, the only one I have had difficulty with is Finish Dishwasher Taps so if anyone has any info on that I would be delighted.

sarah707
16-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Sorry only just seen this. The same as Sarah says. Sometimes if you phone the manufacturer, number will be on the product, they will email the details to you.

Most of the commonly used products are easy to get, the only one I have had difficulty with is Finish Dishwasher Taps so if anyone has any info on that I would be delighted.

Try this...

http://www.futures-supplies.co.uk/downloads/007.188.pdf

Or just put 'finish dishwasher tablets coshh' into Google search and a couple come up :D

Donkey
16-01-2011, 04:00 PM
oh my..........

is it not just safe enough to have them on a high shelf and locked away???

I have a passion to be outstanding but surely this is going too far???

mufftie
16-01-2011, 04:23 PM
what ever next eh , just more paperwork :angry:

venus89
16-01-2011, 04:52 PM
what ever next eh , just more paperwork :angry:

Risk assessing loo roll. They might choke on it, trip over it, strangle themselvs or each other, get papercuts....