PDA

View Full Version : Self assessment online

ma7ie
07-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I was just wondering whether once you've started doing your assessment online, do you have to finish it in one go or will it save so you can go back to it?

Not done one before and don't want to start it, then find I haven't time to finish it.

Thanks.

deeb66
07-04-2008, 02:19 PM
In previous years it has allowed you to save and come back to it.

Don't see why this year should be any different!

mum2two
07-04-2008, 02:29 PM
You don't need to do it all in one go. It saves it as you do it, so you can come back to finish it off, and it's not 'gone' until you click on submit, tight at the end after you've checked it all!

Kelly x

ma7ie
07-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Thank you Dee and Kelly.

Just done it and it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. Just hope I've done it right.:phew:

chez1373
16-04-2008, 07:00 PM
I was told there would be 3 bits of info i would need to put on the forms for the self assessment but ive done it online and there was so much i didnt have a clue about im now terrified ive done it wrong it was so confusing i didnt put any thing down for milage or anything like that i didnt know where to put it i thiink after this im goin to pay someone to do it for me.
If i did get an accountant what would i write down in the accounts book and would i just send all the recipts each month or year??

Thanks

sarah707
16-04-2008, 07:12 PM
The online form is 3 bits of information ...

1 total earnings - everything you have earned from childminding since April last year...

2 total expenses - everything you have spent on childminding since April last year

3 earnings - expenses

Plus you have to add any bank savings etc.

Your petrol costs, food, wear and tear, electricity, gas and all the other expenses go in the 'total expenses' box.

If you think you've done it wrong, email them / ring them and tell them. They are not unreasonable. :D

ma7ie
16-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Yes if you earn less than a certain amount (can't remember the amount now but it's more than we earn I'm sure) you have the option of just putting in total expenses. I'd give them a ring.:D

chez1373
16-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the advice guys Ive made a deficite (cant spell) of £1000.00
so im now even more worried that they will think that is alot and investigate but ive not added things and ive got all my recipts so that fine but its very worrying ive now e.mailed an accountant and asked for them to do it I thought i could do it..