PDA

View Full Version : Ooooo eck.....I really need some advice with this one please!!

Newbie1!
23-09-2010, 03:54 PM
:panic: :panic: Hi all - me again!! I wonder if someone could give me some general pointers please - Ive got a mum coming for a viewing with two little ones tomorrow - she is very keen on both the area I live, the quote I have provided, what I can offer etc. However, what I need to know is what sort of things do I say, ask do etc when she comes. Do i need to ask every detail about behaviours, eating habits, holidays etc straight away or do I wait til the nitty gritty meeting for that? Also, what is she likely to ask of me?

Any help would be much appreciated as this is my first serious enquiry!! :blush: :panic: :blush: Thank you, your all fabulous. xxxx

Mookins
23-09-2010, 04:04 PM
hi ya

explain to her about the eyfs how its bebficial to her little darlings
how you expect your fees to be paid!!
shell probably ask to see your certificate of registration or if you not yet registered when you are likely to be ready

have your policies to hand for her to browse through whilst you interact with the kiddies

fingers crossed for you hun

xx

Mouse
23-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I have to be honest, I don't mention EYFS much at the first meeting - you see parents' eyes glaze over if you try talking about it :laughing: :laughing:

I have a portfolio that I show parents. It's got info about me, copy of my certificate, first aid & insurance, examples of what we do, sample menu, example of our day, info about fees & paying, what parents need to provide, what I provide etc. One sheet lists the policies I have and the permissions I will ask for, but I don't shpw them the actual policies at that point unless they ask. I also have a photo album that I show them. That seems to be what they're intersted in.

I tend to talk a bit about myself, ask if they've used childcare before, explain about settling in sessions, ask if they have any questions etc. I go over fees, paperwork (not in detail at this point, just tell them what paperwork I have) and I ask how they think their child will settle, if there's anything important I need to know etc.

I then send them away with an information pack & tell them to think about it. If they want to go ahead, I invite them back for another visit when we do the paperwork & arrange settle in sessions.