PDA

View Full Version : Advice re. First Aid

louised
22-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Can anyone help with my query? My first aid certificate expires next month and I can't get on a funded course until December. If I do this I will have a month when I don't have a current first aid certificate, will I be in breach of my registration? I really don't want to have to pay for an earlier course as things are a bit tight at the moment money wise, I know when I started childminding I had 6 months in which to do the course but wasn't sure if the same grace period applied to subsequent courses. Obviously I will pay for my course if I have too but just wondered what the legal requirement was as I can't seem to find it anywhere

Straws
22-09-2010, 02:53 PM
dont know what the legal requirement is but if you are not due an inspection I would personally risk leaving it until december if you have it in writing that you are booked on the next course.

Straws xx

breezy
22-09-2010, 04:30 PM
You MUST do it, its one of the requirements. We have to pay for ours here, start mine tonight, cost me £65!
Mine will leave me 3 days without a valid certificate and dw told me I'd have to inform Ofsted as if you dont have certificate your insurance isnt valid.
Could you not do it and get some sort of back dated payment? Friend of mine has had to take two days off to do hers!

onceinabluemoon
22-09-2010, 04:33 PM
You have to have your first aid cert.

I think new minders have to have them before they start now too

Pipsqueak
22-09-2010, 05:05 PM
The EYFS and legal requirement is to have a current first aid certificate.

Try ringing St Johns direct or if there are any local private organisations.