PDA

View Full Version : what's your policy on parent cancelling hours

newandlearning
22-09-2010, 12:13 PM
hi..

one of my new parents asked me to have her lil one.. 4 extra days and has now found out that her work don't need her so she doesn't need me...

I'm wondering what do you do about these types of occasions.. I'm not even sure she really knew she was wanted to work and had got me checking my calender .. arranging to borrow a double buggy for the allotted days .. and have done all this in vain.. :angry: .. just niggles me a bit..

what do you do in these circumstances... all my other mums only ask me to help after they know for sure they really need me.

kind regards
xxx:) (currently chanting 'ummm' to calm down)

Straws
22-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Nothing you can do:mad: I would not agree to extra days in the future if I was messed about

Straws xx

mama2three
22-09-2010, 12:38 PM
My policy says that extra hours may be booked subject to availability. these hours are to be paid for at the time of booking and are nonrefundable , unless the setting closes due to unforeseen circumstances.

Straws
22-09-2010, 12:52 PM
My policy says that extra hours may be booked subject to availability. these hours are to be paid for at the time of booking and are nonrefundable , unless the setting closes due to unforeseen circumstances.

Forgot to add I charge in advance so they wouldnt get a refund also unless I was closed :)

Straws xx

Chatterbox Childcare
22-09-2010, 01:03 PM
It depends - mostly I invoice in advance and parents have paid me but if it was booked and cancelled within a short period of time I wouldn't bother about the money

I know it is a pain but she may be told one thing at work and then changed it.