PDA

View Full Version : hubby assistant or registered cm

Poppins
21-09-2010, 07:23 PM
hi i have sent my hubby on the introduction to homebased childcare course and also booked him on first aid training, on the belief i needed him registered to increase numbers (take on more work between us). but the more i read the more i feel i have this wrong, i do already have a variation for 4 children under 5 without the use of an assistant but had been approached for two more children in january for the afternoon where there would be an overlap of 2 hours and felt there was no way they would authorise this!! how many children do they allow you to increase your numbers by when using an assistant? does any one know the answer?
my husband will kill me if he did not need to do this training!!!

funemnx
21-09-2010, 07:34 PM
I believe you can ask to be registered for 6 under 5's when working with an assistant (at least that's what I'm asking for!) fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

scamp
21-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Your numbers can be increased to six under fives with any assistant over 18.

The assistant does not have to be a registered childminder in their own right.

Just being a common or garden assistant is enough :D

A common or garden assistant would not be able to be left with children at all if they didn't have a first aid cert., but they may be able to be left with children if they have a first aid cert and all the conditions of the relevant register for leaving children with them were met.

Poppins
22-09-2010, 08:52 AM
hi thanks wow 6 under 5 really!
so did he not have to do course after all? best not tell him lol
so do i just need to do the ey2 form? and ask for the variation i need?
thanks again

Poppins
22-09-2010, 08:53 AM
I believe you can ask to be registered for 6 under 5's when working with an assistant (at least that's what I'm asking for!) fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

let me know your outcome? did you put request in a while ago?