PDA

View Full Version : CCLD NVQ3 just started....

em29
21-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi everyone - I have just started my first assignment questions and I am not overly sure I am on the right lines but my questions were:
Why are positive relationships with adults important
How and why is it important for children to deal with conflict themselves?
Why is it important to listen to children?

Well, i have tried to refer to my eyfs in the answers and have said a lot about building self confidence and developing bonds. Is this along the right track?? I have only been given the standards and not sure if I am supposed to have a text book or anything?? I have types about a third of a page for each answer....:(
It is very hard to know if i am on the right lines or not doing nearly enough!!

georgie456
21-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi

Well done on starting! Do you have the NVQ 3 book by Penny Tassoni?
This is laid out unit by unit and will really help you answer these.
Alot of the headings in the book are the knowledge questions which makes life easier!

If you go to Amazon and put in nvq 3 ccld in the search bar it will come up. Mine was the one with the red cover and the little boy building a tower. Not cheap but well worth it.

Sounds like you are on the right track though x

em29
21-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Oh great thank you! I guess I know what I will be buying on payday! Thanks so much for your help
Emma xx

georgie456
21-09-2010, 07:46 PM
No problem! It really is invaluable.

I got an awful lot of my answers by reading this and then answering using examples from my setting.
It just gives you the spark you need to get going! There's nothing worse than a blank word document to make you break out in a cold sweat is there?!

Good luck

em29
21-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Absolutely! I have been writing notes on the questions but felt like i was fumbling in the dark without the right texts to refer to. Hopefully when the assessor comes out next time it will be a little clearer! x

Graham
22-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh great thank you! I guess I know what I will be buying on payday! Thanks so much for your help
Emma xx

Hi Emma

If you want to buy the book you could get it from our Amazon forum shop it costs exactly the same as from the Amazon website but we earn a few pennies in commission from Amazon which we use to help with the running costs of the forum and keep it free to use.

Here is a link to the shop. http://astore.amazon.co.uk/childminding-21/detail/043544851X

bexcee
25-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi Emma
I have just started the course too although haven't looked at the questions yet! I am ust doing my portfolio bits at the moment. I got given a copy of the book by my assessor, have you seen yours yet?
Anyway good luck with the course, maybe we can be study buddys!