PDA

View Full Version : Why are children so nasty......

Alibali
21-09-2010, 06:28 PM
.....to each other sometimes?
Ds aged 12 has just started high school and has come home today to tell me that he is apparantly a 'posh gay boy'!! Why? because he said no when offered a cigarette:( ( and the fact that he speaks properly probably doesn't help)
It does make me cross.

hayleychildcare
21-09-2010, 06:48 PM
My son is 15 and is always told that he is a gay boy or teachers pet because he doesnt hang around with the losers at the local park drinking on a Friday night and gets good grades.

It doesnt bother him now ALSO could be because he is over 6 foot tall and on the rugby team :laughing:

breezy
21-09-2010, 06:51 PM
my 13yr old son is called a geek for much the same reason, he just shrugs it off and cant understand why they want to hang round drinking and wasting time!

sarah707
21-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Ds just tells them he needs good lungs to play football and since he's on the school team they shrug and let him be.

Ds says he needs a come-back, a reason rather than no and they'll let him be.

he's a good lad for saying no it's hard sometimes xx

The Juggler
21-09-2010, 09:29 PM
my ds is only 10 and already gets called gay-boy just for behaving at school - he's not academically forward, is shy, quiet, not confident and not good at sports- they are! why can't they just leave these boys alone!!

TheBTeam
22-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Its awful isnt it! My ds has just started senior school and again is sensible, well spoken and behaves at school, he thinks smoking is awful, happens to be very bright and very good at football, so i suspect it wont be long before someone is calling him such rubbish!

Will tell him the Sarah answer and see if it helps to have an answer rather than no handy!

mama2three
22-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Ive got 2 ds's at senior school. The eldest doesnt care what the others do / say really , whereas his brother is much more likely to worry about 'fitting in' with his mates. Cs uniform always looks smart , Ks button is never fastened as its not cool! ( he would be mortified at me using the word 'cool').
Both are bright boys , K is especially quick with the comebacks - when offered a cigarette he said - no thanks , my girlfriend prefers my breath to smell of mints not smoke! And Id much rather have a kiss than a fag!

nannymcflea
22-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Well done to your son for saying no.:thumbsup:

The fact that he has to say no to these kids is the bit that gets me.:angry: WHY are these kids smoking themselves.:(

I hope my girls have the courage and confidence to stand up to these oiks like your son has.

Alibali
22-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks all, it's a shame so many of us are going through the same. I think I'll tell him to have some comments ready, I tell him just to walk away now, but I worry about him answering back, some of the kids in his school had knives with them last week:panic: It's really scary, they say they can't keep the kids in school at lunch times as it's a breach of their human rights, but this is when the fighting and the smoking etc happens. Ds doesn't go out of school yet, hope it lasts.

breezy
22-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks all, it's a shame so many of us are going through the same. I think I'll tell him to have some comments ready, I tell him just to walk away now, but I worry about him answering back, some of the kids in his school had knives with them last week:panic: It's really scary, they say they can't keep the kids in school at lunch times as it's a breach of their human rights, but this is when the fighting and the smoking etc happens. Ds doesn't go out of school yet, hope it lasts.

Ds school doesnt let any of them out at lunch and puts on clubs and sports for them to do, also they only get 45 minutes so cant go anywhere! they all light up straight after school though and the girls are worse than the boys:(

Trouble
22-09-2010, 05:01 PM
my son is working away at the moment he is 16 and the first week i said to him did you learn anything interesting this week son and he said " i know where to buy crack" and before you ask no i didnt have any :eek: :eek: :eek:

i just said i trust you 100% but i think you need to change your friends:eek: :(

Alibali
22-09-2010, 06:35 PM
my son is working away at the moment he is 16 and the first week i said to him did you learn anything interesting this week son and he said " i know where to buy crack" and before you ask no i didnt have any :eek: :eek: :eek:

i just said i trust you 100% but i think you need to change your friends:eek: :(

Oh goodness, It doesn't get any easiet this parenting lark does it!

Trouble
22-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh goodness, It doesn't get any easiet this parenting lark does it!

:panic: :panic: i thought that i couldnt wait for him to leave school but now i wish he was back:(