PDA

View Full Version : school hols charge?

coffee-time
20-09-2010, 08:57 PM
ive got a mum coming to see me on thurs, she has 2 children one will be a pick up from school and the other will be with me 9-530 (1 day per week), im going to ask if she needs me in school hols but want to know if she doesnt what should i charge her for it, half fees or full or something else?
also for the 30 mins do you charge an hour or just the 30 mins?
hope that makes sense!!

The Juggler
20-09-2010, 09:31 PM
I would charge just for the 30 mins hon. for the hols if they don't need you - well that's up to you. if you were looking at working hols, then I would say to her there will be a retainer if she doesn't want you. You can try to find a hols only child to fill the space and then not charge the retainer though.

clareg
20-09-2010, 10:32 PM
If it is just one day i would charge an hourly rate only (No half hours). and half fee for holidays if you are not needed, Unless you can fill that space with hol's only contract. Hope this helps :)

mrs c
21-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Childminders in my area charge extra if the contract is for under 20 hours and would round up to the half hour. Also would charge half for the school hols as here's not much demand around here for school holiday work so need to get this income.