PDA

View Full Version : Cervical Cancer Jab

clorogue
20-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Just wondered what your views were of this. Have you got a daughter and did you go ahead with the injection? Where did you look to find out more information?

Value your input.

LOOPYLISA
20-09-2010, 08:54 PM
My dd's consent form came through on friday, posted on here about it

We send it back signed today :thumbsup:

I think it is very important, and under going treatment myself i am very for it :thumbsup:

Daftbat
21-09-2010, 06:32 AM
My eldest has had the jab - I think its so important to try and prevent this terrible illness. No side effects/problems at all.

Toothfairy
21-09-2010, 06:43 AM
My DD's (13 & 15) had their last jab yesturday.
After reading all the info and talking to a family friend who is a very high up Doctor at Guy's, Hubby & I took the decision to go ahead.
We also talked to our DD's about it too.

jelly15
21-09-2010, 07:32 AM
If I had a daughter I would have no hesitation in her having this jab. At 19 I had lazer treatment to kill off pre-cancerous cells, consultant told me if I hadn't had treatment I would have definately gone on to have full blown cancer. The treatment left scar tissue and both times I was in labour my cervix couldn't dilate fully and I had C-sections both times. If the vaccine had been available twenty five years ago it would have saved me a lot of problems.

louised
21-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Just wondered what your views were of this. Have you got a daughter and did you go ahead with the injection? Where did you look to find out more information?

You may have opened a can of worms as people have very strong differing opinions of vaccinations

I had no hesitation in letting my DD have the jab, if it can reduce the risk of certain types of cervical cancer it's got to be beneficial to them. In my opinion the benefits far outweigh the risks, but then I am very pro vaccination and my children have had every vaccination offered

maryp0ppins
21-09-2010, 07:45 AM
dd sent her signed letter back yesterday...for me I wouldn't have even thought of saying no...but that just me...
next year dd2 will have the same letter & it will be signed & sent back the next day also!!

LOOPYLISA
21-09-2010, 08:34 AM
If I had a daughter I would have no hesitation in her having this jab. At 19 I had lazer treatment to kill off pre-cancerous cells, consultant told me if I hadn't had treatment I would have definately gone on to have full blown cancer. The treatment left scar tissue and both times I was in labour my cervix couldn't dilate fully and I had C-sections both times. If the vaccine had been available twenty five years ago it would have saved me a lot of problems.

Snap :thumbsup:

oneofeach
21-09-2010, 12:59 PM
I have had treatment for pre cancerous cells myself and have to have smears every year for the next 10 yrs to make sure I'm still ok so when the time comes for my daughter to have the jab I wont hesitate to sign the form.

Playmate
21-09-2010, 01:04 PM
My DD had it first year it came out with no probs, wouldn't think twice.

rickysmiths
21-09-2010, 11:01 PM
My dd had it last year, I didn't hesitate. However she was poorly with it and so were a few of her friends. Nothing too bad but a definate reaction. She felt dizzy and sick.

LOOPYLISA
22-09-2010, 06:48 AM
My dd had it last year, I didn't hesitate. However she was poorly with it and so were a few of her friends. Nothing too bad but a definate reaction. She felt dizzy and sick.

Alot of the girls at dd's school last yr got sent home with the same symptoms , nothing serious though and nothing compared to cervical cancer later in life :thumbsup:

clio0602
22-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi just wondered if it is explained that it does not prevent ALL types of HPV which can cause Cervical cancer. DD only 2 so not quite there yet lol but will def have it if its still around when the time comes. But have worked in Cytology lab and just wondered how it is explained in the letters? x

LOOPYLISA
22-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi just wondered if it is explained that it does not prevent ALL types of HPV which can cause Cervical cancer. DD only 2 so not quite there yet lol but will def have it if its still around when the time comes. But have worked in Cytology lab and just wondered how it is explained in the letters? x

Yes :thumbsup:

clorogue
23-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Thank you everyone so very much, I really value your input and for some of you it has a very deep meaning - that I can only try to imagine.

You have helped me in the decision making process, my concern was that it has only been out a couple of years.