PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know ....

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 04:25 PM
how I can watch Sky in another room without having Sky multiroom.

I have been looking on the internet and I can find a booster for scart but I have an HDMI cable connecting my Sky box to my tv.

If you understand what I want, I hope you know what I'm after!!!!

little miss chatterbox
20-09-2010, 04:42 PM
we have something similar to this which allows you to watch sky on another tv and change channel, you control sly all over the house though so you can't watch something different to somebody else

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002451&langId=-1&searchTerms=tv-link

hth

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 04:48 PM
That's the sort of thing, but do you have to have a cable from one room to another or with that, it reads as though you do.

WibbleWobble
20-09-2010, 05:28 PM
you do need the cable. We have sky box downstairs in the lounge and the cable comes up to our bedroom which is above the lounge. The cable has been sorted like the arial cable by OH (he is handy). you have a sky remote and zap a "magic eye" thing which sits near to the tv in your room.

Took OH an hour to drill and sort it....lot cheaper than getting multi room We have multi room for DD2s room...i would not be able to stand the rubbish she watches!

Handy tip

Be aware if you have grown up children who may get in from a night out, turn the downstairs tv on and find you are "tuned in" to a naughty channel

This HAS NOT HAPPENED TO ME i just thought about it now

mandy xxxxxx

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 05:35 PM
OK, I want to go from the lounge to the kitchen. The kitchen's just been done, so don't want to really start drilling holes!!!

LOL, to the naughty channels!!!

kindredspirits
20-09-2010, 05:39 PM
I think you can get an AV wireless sender - so you plug in to the AV port on your sky box and then you put the reciever into the AV on your telly - hey presto! Although you might need to go to the lounge to change channel.

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 05:45 PM
I've found one of those, but it looks as if you have to connect sky via a scart lead and I use a HDMI cable

I am going to have to do a bit of searching I think

LOOPYLISA
20-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Hubs is doing this soon, when he gets home i can report back to what hes going to do :thumbsup:

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Hubs is doing this soon, when he gets home i can report back to what hes going to do :thumbsup:

Oooh, thanks. I can't have any cables though

LOOPYLISA
20-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Oooh, thanks. I can't have any cables though

ok :thumbsup:

Ill be back :D

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm the techie person in our house. Hubby hasn't got a clue!!!
Even has trouble getting dvd to work:laughing: :laughing:

juejue
20-09-2010, 06:01 PM
how I can watch Sky in another room without having Sky multiroom.

I have been looking on the internet and I can find a booster for scart but I have an HDMI cable connecting my Sky box to my tv.

If you understand what I want, I hope you know what I'm after!!!!

We use a digisender from Argos £70. But you can only watch what is on the main tv down stairs. But there is no cables going all up the stairs. Bit like cordless phones.....if you know what I mean

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I looked at the digisender's in Argos and they all seem to connect with SCART's and not HDMI's or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Blaze
20-09-2010, 06:51 PM
To the best of my knowledge (which I admit is limited:blush: ) you can do this without cables using a splitter. HTH:)

LOOPYLISA
20-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I am back :D

We were looking at a magic eye but it does mean using a cable, failing that you can get a digi sender which use radio waves but of course you may get interference with it , not tried either yet so couldn't say hth x

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 08:59 PM
I'd looked at the magic eye as well. Don't want any cables so I think I will look at digisenders compatible with HDMI.

Thanks

Zoomie
20-09-2010, 09:02 PM
We don't have any cables connecting our upstairs TV to sky downstairs.

We do have some kind of router / tardis thing and a sensor, but I am clueless. Would have to ask DH. Let me know if you want to know further.

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Yes please.

I have Sky +HD connected to my tv via an HDMI cable in the lounge.

What I need to know is if I buy one of these digisender things they are connected via scart. Does it still work so I connect the sender so I can watch sky in the kitchen. I know it will be the same channel that is in the lounge, that's fine.

Thanks