PDA

View Full Version : I;m starting to panic now.....

mr man
20-09-2010, 09:03 AM
:panic: ive got my pre reg visit tomorrow, and i thought i had evey thing ready, well now i dont think i am.

whats the most important things i need?
i have the required polices and a couple more. my procedures are all writtten down, and i hope ive not forgotten one..

things that are playing on my mind, is
- our rabbit (Danny) has a hutch, but runs around the garden, now i have some materials for my not-so-DH to make him a run, and he's not done it yet.:eek: but the place where the run can go i wanted a veg patch.
He can live in his hucth, and thats where he is now so he's not running around and pooing on the grass for tomororw. but will i need to put a run in before they come. really hoping not have any action points.

- My RAs are in a table format, ive printed them out, and i have also wirtten in some too, ( as my printer broke at the worse time possible).
im still to do the school run ? do i need this to show her tomorrow.
ive not done any outing ones, although i ahve done possible risks whilst out, but not any particular places.
will the Ras i have done show that i know how to risk assess.

- i dont have an accident book or medicine book, but will get one before childminding starts. do i need one here to show. or can jsut explain what i will include.

I am getting worried now becasue i just know that when they ask me a Q i'll just foget everything.

sarah707
20-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Don't panic!!

The most important things you need to do are...

Make sure everything is safe - locks on drawers, rabbit in hutch, poo out of garden, fencing secure, drains covered...

Read your pre-reg booklet and make sure you can answer all the questions. If you can't you don't lose anything by asking...

make a list of the things you intend to do so she can see you are organised.

Good luck! :D

Teri
20-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi

When I had mine I was panicking thinking I didn't have everything but the inspector was actually surprised I'd done any paperwork already! Even if things aren't done around the home just make sure its clean and tidy and she said as long as I say or show what i need to do then thats fine they just trust you to have it in place by the time you take on your first child. So just write a list of things you know need doing before you have a child and show them that.
I would say most of all read through all your information they will ask lots of questions eg.safeguarding,EYFS,child protection etc you don't need to know everything but you do need to show you have some knowledge and know where to turn to if need be.
Please don't worry their generally not as bad as some people can make them out to be! Good luck!
Sure you'll be fine!

Tribe_mummy
20-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Good luck hun xx

flora
20-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Good luck for tomoorrow :thumbsup: