PDA

View Full Version : is the paperwork really that hard

tracy00
19-09-2010, 08:57 PM
hi all im new on here, i came across this site by coincidence as i was looking for information on becoming a childminder there is another forum where i am a member and when i asked for honest advice on there i was given a wide variety of experiences but majority of the problems seem to be about the new legislation regarding the eyfs and the amount of paperwork and assesments etc.
i am due to be going to my first pre-reg breifing on tue evening but im really being put off the whole idea, the way im looking at it is that it has probably been a huge change for some but as i wouldnt know any difference it wouldnt matter to me.
can someone please tell me im worrrying over nothing

T x

gigglinggoblin
19-09-2010, 09:02 PM
lots of cms do way too much paperwork. For the first few months while you are doing your policies and risk assessments theres a lot to do, but after that its pretty much planning and obs and keepig records of attendance, accounts etc which takes less than 30 minutes a week for me. Problem is there isnt a cut off point where ofsted says you have done enough so its easy to do loads that isnt necessary.

guest4
19-09-2010, 09:03 PM
You're worrying over nothing!!! :jump for joy:

However, I wont say that there is NO paperwork as I would be lying.!!!

Initially when starting up, the documentation that you need is a little daunting....... BUT, when you have it all up and running, in a system that suits YOU then it really doesnt take that long at all. :)

Good luck for Tuesday night, and dont forget, that is why this forum is here, too help with bits you need!!!!

Tracey x

funfunfun
19-09-2010, 09:09 PM
I think at first it will be a bit hard especially if you have no experience if EYFS

when evrything is soted and you have been doing it abit it gets easier, the main prob is ppl overthink eyfs

tracy00
19-09-2010, 09:14 PM
thank for that, its put my mind at rest i have recently gained a level 3 diploma in childcare so have been doing quite a lot of study surrounding the eyfs and its frameworks so i am hoping it will really help me.
Tx

Daftbat
20-09-2010, 07:32 AM
As someone said earlier - there is quite a bit to do in the beginning but once you have a system which suits you it gets much easier. Keep things short and to the point - bullet points rather than essays, make use of any pre formatted obs sheets you can get hold of.

We are all here to help to so no need to get stressed:thumbsup: