PDA

View Full Version : First to do the 'New Course'...

Baileys'n'cream
18-09-2010, 05:00 PM
.....hmmmmmm!!

I am enjoying the course so far, I have done 2 weeks but it is a 'new' course. The title is 'Understand how to set up a home-based childcare service'. I have to do the course before anything else where I live, thems the rules :rolleyes: , so it's the course, then first aid, and then I can start sending off my crb....bit long winded I think as there is talk of March being our date of registration, that seems like a lifetime away!! Anyhow.....

....the tutor has never taught this course this way before, as it's all new, and OFSTED have given the council set overheads to put on the power point and it a set order

We also have to submit all tasks (assignments) online through a website that we have to have a password to log onto, we should have had this 3 days after week 1, and we are all still waiting

Also, to complete all tasks we should have a text book but this text book is not yet available from the publishers :rolleyes: We have all been given an extension on our deadline because of this but are still waiting for the book.

Our tutor is also not allowed to give us any advice or discuss the tasks we are given at all, we are only to speak to our online mentor. An online mentor that we cannot 'speak to' as we don;t have our passwords to access the site.

Needless to say the tutor is not overly impressed with this new way of doing the course, and neither am I, well no one is :(

My tutor has advised that we write all this down, everything that we are not happy with, which I am, and will hopefully help or change for future courses but what about me now :(

We have been set 'Task 1' which I am hoping to start this week as I am off work but feel a little bit disadvantaged as my tutor couldn't answer any questions I have about it, she is not 'allowed' to, and I can't access my online mentor

Oh, and just to add, the majority of the class don't have EYFS books as they have been told that the government have stopped the funding and they are no longer available. Luckily I requested mine the minute I left my briefing meeting so I do have this YEY :clapping:

I am enjoying it as I am with a nice bunch of ladies, and the tutor is lovely, she is from NCMA :)

Just hope that all the hiccups are sorted quickly as it's week 3 on tuesday

sarah707
18-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Sounds like a total shambles! :(

Can we help you with the first task? What is the question? xx

Baileys'n'cream
19-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Sounds like a total shambles! :(

Can we help you with the first task? What is the question? xx

I agree :(

I have been writing as many notes as possible during the session

The first task is to write up 4 policies and procedures, I have had a look at bromley and (hopefully) should be fine with this one. I've never had to do anything like this before though. We have been given task 2 as well, it's great having the task early but not when I haven't got the tools to go with it :mad:

sarah707
19-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Bromley is good for policies and procedures.

You can also find some on the NCMA website which might be useful for comparing.

The list of required policies and procedures for the Childcare Register is here -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=45805

This should help you with titles to focus on.

What's question 2? :D