PDA

View Full Version : Glasses

WibbleWobble
18-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Recently (well for about two years) i have had problems reading.
I am the lady in the supermarket holding the tins at arms length squinting at the contents label.
I have noticed i am not reading as much...I have a book which has only got 10 pages read....had this book for a couple of weeks..i usually read 3 books a week.
If i spend time on the computer (like yesterday...all day cos it was my day off minding so paperwork time) i get a headache.
I start the E100 module in a couple of weeks, and hopefully go on to do the full degree....i cant see the words in the books:panic:

So...whilst in town i pop in the opticians and he has an appointment..there and then.

I am now sat here with lovely reading glasses on and i can see the computer and the keyboard (a brucie bonus)

I am 42....i am falling apart!

mandyxxx

manjay
18-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Get off you are not falling apart. I have worn my glasses all the time for a few years now. I feel naked without them plus they hide the undereye bags really well:D

mamasheshe
18-09-2010, 03:50 PM
i booked an appointment to see if i can get contact lenses I'm the opposite I'm the lady waving at strangers only to blush as i get closer and realize it's not them. do have glasses but forget i'm wearing them and keep thinking I'm blind :panic: when they steam up:blush: if i open the oven, run my dds a bath, it rains,

i think it's ever since i had dd2 i feel she drained my good eye sight:laughing:

WibbleWobble
18-09-2010, 03:59 PM
i have already lost them and found them on my head.

I think i will have to get one of those chains to go round my neck a la Larry Grayson.....ooooh shut that door!

mandy x

Mookins
18-09-2010, 04:18 PM
for years ive spent squinting....we have a history of bad eyesight in my family i got my eyes tested about 7yrs ago and ended up with glasses for reading....didnt go back again didnt wear them...last year id had enough, was really struggling...i now wear them all the time:(

HATE IT....they, get in the way, feel like there still on when i take them off for bed, steam up when i have ahot drink...and i look like my mum:eek:
lol

cant bare the thought of contacts though so will carry on:(

xx

hayleychildcare
18-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I got glassess about 4 years ago now.

I spent months not being able to see :panic:

Now i forget that im wearing them and when i get in the shower i find that shampoo bottle and think to myself "Oh thats really clear: Hubby comes in to laugh at me washing my hair with glasses still on.

So im 36 blind and losing my mind:p

Joannechildmind
18-09-2010, 06:12 PM
i wear contacts i was like you mamasheshe, i hve had them since i was 22 and was the best thing i ever done i havent had any probs with them. Mine cost me £10.00 per month :)

Gizmo
18-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Im finally getting rid of my glasses next week and getting Laser Surgery after having to wear them since I was 11 :clapping: :clapping:

mamasheshe
18-09-2010, 07:05 PM
thought I'd try boots? as they have a free trail at the moment i heard monthly disposables are good?

Gizmo
18-09-2010, 07:55 PM
thought I'd try boots? as they have a free trail at the moment i heard monthly disposables are good?

It depends if you are going to wear them everyday I had them for a long while but wore glasses more often than lenses then switched to daily disposables and only wore them now and then :D

ajs
18-09-2010, 08:06 PM

won't the heels hurt your eyes

i have worn glasses since i was 8 so just a couple of years then

i hate them and have worn contacts in past but as i've got older my prescription has changed too much and i need to takethem off forclose work so contacts were no good for me

Mookins
18-09-2010, 09:25 PM
i wear contacts i was like you mamasheshe, i hve had them since i was 22 and was the best thing i ever done i havent had any probs with them. Mine cost me £10.00 per month :)

£10 a month?

seems a bit more tempting now....could claim through my accounts perhaps...
safer (for me ) to wear contacts when playing with mindees;)

xx

Joannechildmind
18-09-2010, 09:31 PM
£10 a month?

seems a bit more tempting now....could claim through my accounts perhaps...
safer (for me ) to wear contacts when playing with mindees;)

xx

i get my monthly disposables through specsavers (they are delivered every 3 months through my door) i buy my own contacts cleaner fluid (as i have to buy one a different one ) and boots sometimes have them on offer bogoff.

I think its £12.00 per month with cleaner fluid

Mookins
18-09-2010, 09:39 PM
i get my monthly disposables through specsavers (they are delivered every 3 months through my door) i buy my own contacts cleaner fluid (as i have to buy one a different one ) and boots sometimes have them on offer bogoff.

I think its £12.00 per month with cleaner fluid

gonna book me an appointment...you cant just give your glassesprescription can you?

xx

The Juggler
18-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I've had glasses since 11! now at 42, one eye is getting less short-sighted due to age and the fact that eye is now also becoming longsighted, the other is getting more shortsighted.

so bi-focals for me in a few years:laughing: :laughing:

sillysausage
19-09-2010, 11:16 AM
I know how you feel!

I've been short sighted since my teens, wearing both glasses and contacts. Recently I have found it increasingly difficult to see close up things whilst wearing my contacts.
The most annoying thing currently is that I have to shave my armpits without glasses or contacts but then put them on to shave my legs...a bit of a pain when you usually do them both together in the shower. Also struggle with threading needles and plucking eyebrows lol!