PDA

View Full Version : new scottish childminders?

Alibali
17-09-2010, 04:22 PM
The SCMA have produced new guidance on written policies for potential childminders, here is an exert from it. Full document can be found on SCMA website.

WRITTEN POLICIES
Potential childminders are required to have draft policies and record keeping procedures in place outlining
how their service meets the requirements outlined in the Care Commission’s registration and inspection
procedures.
At the application stage it is sufficient to have a basic statement showing you understand each area of
responsibility, however as you become more experienced you should be revisiting your policies and
developing your policy statements giving more detail in how your service meets the needs of families and
children.
The Care Commission application form asks for written information on the following:
1. Aims and objectives of service
2. Child protection
3. Complaints procedure
4. Emergency procedures
5. Accident and incident recording
6. Children’s records/contact details
7. Administration of medication
8. Fire safety risk assessment
9. Whistle blowing

Blackhorse
17-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi Ali,

good info!

one question : is the whistle blowing still only if you have an assistant or work work with another cm? that is what I have been told by CCO and I haven't got one..

thanks

fionamal
17-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi Nicole,

I was also told that too so havent got one.

Due my inspection anytime soon so will ask my CCO when she comes

sarah707
17-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Thank you for sharing! :D

Alibali
17-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi Ali,

good info!

one question : is the whistle blowing still only if you have an assistant or work work with another cm? that is what I have been told by CCO and I haven't got one..

thanks

Yes, it's only if you work with another person:thumbsup:

Blackhorse
17-09-2010, 07:52 PM
thanks.

still waiting for my inspection and wasnt sure if I had to quickly write one...

Alibali
17-09-2010, 07:54 PM
thanks.

still waiting for my inspection and wasnt sure if I had to quickly write one...

Are you still waiting! It's been ages.

Blackhorse
17-09-2010, 09:03 PM
I have been waiting since the 4th of June!!
It will be 4 months soon...LOL

not sure what is going on...but they were equally speedy when I first registered so I guess I shouldn't be surprised....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Alibali
17-09-2010, 09:14 PM
That's true, I remember that saga too!

juzza123
01-10-2010, 03:49 PM
When I registered three years ago I was told I needed a whistle blowing policy even though I didn't have an assistant as we're expected to report problems with other childminders if we become aware of them and this is in my policy.