PDA

View Full Version : Carbohydrate free meals

TheBTeam
16-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi, any suggestions please for carbohydrate free meals, which are healthy, tasty and satisfying!!! I am getting fed up with salad, ratatouille and mushroom and onions!

Mookins
16-09-2010, 05:22 PM
are you vegitarian too?

xx

http://www.nocarbohydrates.com/nocarbs.html

hth
xx

TheBTeam
16-09-2010, 05:24 PM
No i eat meat and fish, just been asked to cut carbs after 3pm! Trying to lose weight and go to the gym and this is what they have recommended!

Mookins
16-09-2010, 05:26 PM
just added a link to my first comment...sounds great

good luck hun

xx

theplayroom
16-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Pea and ham soup?

TheBTeam
16-09-2010, 05:39 PM
are you vegitarian too?

xx

http://www.nocarbohydrates.com/nocarbs.html

hth
xx

Thank you will take a look!

The Juggler
16-09-2010, 10:15 PM
i've been doing this too. lots of grilled meats with a mix of green veggies and salad.
Spice up your salad with something interesting, sundried toms, artichoke hearts, nice olives.

Lots of green veg like soya beans, baby broads, green beans. As long as I have a big plate full I'm happy I hate skimping on portions and with green veg there are hardly any cals. avoid peas and root veg though or limit them as they are quite carb loaded for a vegetable.

If you need some carbs, go for rice, it's better than pasta, couscous, or most types of potato (other than boiled).

How about a mixed roasted veg side (change from ratatouille). red onion, courgettes, pepper with a little oil and some black pepper.... mmmm

TheBTeam
17-09-2010, 07:11 AM
i've been doing this too. lots of grilled meats with a mix of green veggies and salad.
Spice up your salad with something interesting, sundried toms, artichoke hearts, nice olives.

Lots of green veg like soya beans, baby broads, green beans. As long as I have a big plate full I'm happy I hate skimping on portions and with green veg there are hardly any cals. avoid peas and root veg though or limit them as they are quite carb loaded for a vegetable.

If you need some carbs, go for rice, it's better than pasta, couscous, or most types of potato (other than boiled).

How about a mixed roasted veg side (change from ratatouille). red onion, courgettes, pepper with a little oil and some black pepper.... mmmm

Thanks, i have used sundried tomatoes etc, just cant see me sitting with too many salads when it is cold and horrible outside! I like roasted veg, but also dont like the idea of sitting with a plate of broccoli and carrots etc, cos i would want to cover them in gravy and eat with roast potatoes!

Mookins
17-09-2010, 07:28 AM
mmmm...roated veg with chilli flakes and chorizo (sp)

luuurvley...and it warms you up a treat xxx

Sarahbelle
17-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Have tried the low carb route and didn't like it. Have found that running three times a week and taking a hula hoop fitness class works for me:thumbsup: Lost weight and can eat what i like:clapping:

But good luck to you and I hope you find some good recipes!:D

Gizmo
17-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Have tried the low carb route and didn't like it. Have found that running three times a week and taking a hula hoop fitness class works for me:thumbsup: Lost weight and can eat what i like:clapping:

hula hoop fitness class sounds fun where did you find that, I do it on wii fit but the real thing would be a giggle :laughing:

Sarahbelle
17-09-2010, 08:28 PM
hula hoop fitness class sounds fun where did you find that, I do it on wii fit but the real thing would be a giggle :laughing:

Local leisure centre offers it. Its great fun! Have a look and see if your local leisure centre offers it. Its very popular and catching on.

RainbowMum
17-09-2010, 08:58 PM
cold winter nights beg for soup - roasted veg soap, broccili & stilton, pea & ham, carrot & orange, I've got a lovely recipe for a green veg soup, pm me if you want it xx

The Juggler
18-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks, i have used sundried tomatoes etc, just cant see me sitting with too many salads when it is cold and horrible outside! I like roasted veg, but also dont like the idea of sitting with a plate of broccoli and carrots etc, cos i would want to cover them in gravy and eat with roast potatoes!

lots of nice spicy soyps too. I buy the tesco finest fresh soups too. Their moroccan chicken is lovely. Or make your own and put loads of lovely stuff in, squashes, lentils, chicken.

and on the veggies, nothing wrong with the gravy, just leave out the roasties:laughing: :laughing:

TheBTeam
20-09-2010, 12:26 PM

I am going to the gym three times a week, doing an aquarobics class and swimming as well most weeks, but the chap at the gym suggested trying no carbs after 3pm as this will help, so giving it a go!!!! (for the 6 week program he has put me on at least!)

The Juggler
20-09-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm doing gym junkie at the moment it's a 30 day program. sort of follows your eating plan hon.

eggs are allowed, and roasted or raw nuts, little bit of dairy, lots of fresh fruits. some carbs in small portions if within 45 mins of your workout. Best thing is workouts are 15 mins long max and you only do them every other day. :clapping: :clapping: It's very scientific how it works, so you eat as much as you like of most foods as long as low fat, low little carb and low, little dairy but veggies such as peas, carrots, squash are restricted too.

The workouts are fast, short burst exercises that apparently keep you burnign fat/cals for 36 hours after:p well will let you know how it goes - might be a load of :censored: :laughing:

TheBTeam
22-09-2010, 07:21 AM
I definitely look slimmer, but the scales havent dropped in ages, so ppl are saying it is cos muscle weighs more than fat, but with my weight there is no way i want that much in muscle!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is still tooooo heavy! lol

The Juggler
22-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I definitely look slimmer, but the scales havent dropped in ages, so ppl are saying it is cos muscle weighs more than fat, but with my weight there is no way i want that much in muscle!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is still tooooo heavy! lol

don't go on your weight exactly then hon, muscle is heavier and if you are in the gym that often and doing aerobics you're going to have put on muscle.