PDA

View Full Version : CRB taking so long!!

padpad83
16-09-2010, 09:39 AM
I am getting so annoyed right now, i could scream!!!:angry: i still haven't got mine & my husbands CRB's back yet! They have had them since the 9th july ( 10 weeks now!!) & it is still saying it's at stage 4!!
i have phoned the CRB people up & they have said they have now prioritised it & on the website it say's that they have to be done within 60 days!! But it's now been 70 days :( but how much longer can i expect to wait for it?? Can i phone the police station up & see why it's taking so long? I knew it would take long to get them back but didn't realise it would be THIS long!! argggghh!!! sorry for the rant! :blush: But i'm just getting so frustrated!! :(

Mcgons
16-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Is stage 4 when they are with the police force? They get 60 days then CRB go to chase it up and give them some more time. My husband rang our police forces (we had 3 to deal with) 2 had sent back within the 1st week, but 1 had left it right til the end of the 60 day allowance (Greater Manchester). We got it put through a bit quicker but only phoned them near the 60 day time anyway. It might help to phone if you can get through.

littlemiracles
22-09-2010, 09:15 AM
I am getting so annoyed right now, i could scream!!!:angry: i still haven't got mine & my husbands CRB's back yet! They have had them since the 9th july ( 10 weeks now!!) & it is still saying it's at stage 4!!
i have phoned the CRB people up & they have said they have now prioritised it & on the website it say's that they have to be done within 60 days!! But it's now been 70 days :( but how much longer can i expect to wait for it?? Can i phone the police station up & see why it's taking so long? I knew it would take long to get them back but didn't realise it would be THIS long!! argggghh!!! sorry for the rant! :blush: But i'm just getting so frustrated!! :(

I can fully understand your frustration as i am in the same situation. My CRB has been sat on stage 4 for over 60 days, rang them to see what was going on and they said they will "prioritise it" I have 2 children waiting for me to become registered who are now getting a bit worried as they need a childminder very soon! I can appreciate that the police are very busy and have an enormous amount of paperwork to do but 2 months is plenty of time. I can picture someone pushing the CRBs to the bottom of their pile as they dont see them as i priority, but what they dont realise is that without them we cant start working! :angry:

Tribe_mummy
22-09-2010, 09:34 AM
I have a feeling mine is going to be like this too! OH's at stage one whilst mine is at stage 4, both recieved same day! Hope they sort it soon for you!