PDA

View Full Version : uncertain about first aid boxes

mr man
15-09-2010, 09:58 AM
im a little confused, hope someone can help me.

i have bought the 'childminding' first aid box off the guy who we did our first aid with. only thing is, if i remember right he went through what Ofsted require to be in the box, and now i have gone through it, i think i need to go out and get more supplies.

one in perticular is the triangular bandage..... i have 3 (but should have been 4) im sure he said he need 6. it also says 6 as a minimum in the handbook he gave us. so do i need to fill this box more.
ive got to get things anyway because i've had to use some thigns on my children, and they love it out the new box.

if anyone has a list i can double check on that would be uper duper, or maybe know a websiter i can get it off.

thanks tina

keeks
15-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi, sorry I have no advice but am interested in what answers you get.

I need to get a first aid box and don't know what it needs to have or where is the best place to get it. Tried searching "first aid" threads on here but no matches. :(

xx

venus89
15-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Here's a list of suggestions:
http://www.lbcma.org.uk/newsArticles/firstaidKIT.asp

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that there's a definitive list of supplies? There really should be, though.....

Tribe_mummy
15-09-2010, 12:04 PM
I will watch this post too as have been looking at first aid boxes since my first aid course. When I registered in 2003 we had a list of things we HAD to have but everything is so different now so I am no help to your question sorry.

You would think that one that is accepted by NCMA and promoted on the courses would be all you need? :confused:

arly
15-09-2010, 01:26 PM
At my first aid training our trainer said we can have whatever we want in our first aid box there is no legal requirement to say you have to have this or that, they advise us on what should be in 1 (thats in scotland anyway) x

sarah707
15-09-2010, 02:49 PM
There is no list of what should be in a first aid kit.

You need to show you check it regularly to remove / replace out of date items.

Hth :D

singingcactus
15-09-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm scared trying to picture the scenario in which you would make use of 6 triangular bandages in the same incident!

keeks
15-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I just bought this from Amazon, hope it wasn't a rip off as I have no frame of reference... :D

£14 for "Steroplast Childcare / Childminders First Aid Kit - OFSTED HSE NCMA Compliant", and 2.50 postage.

Thank you for advice people!

xxx

sarah707
15-09-2010, 04:42 PM
If you are using Amazon to buy your first aid kit don't forget to go via the forum shop!

It doesn't cost any extra for you and it gives a few pennies back to the forum :D

keeks
15-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Aaaaaargh, I didn't think of that!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sarah, I will remember from now on, I do buy stuff off Amazon pretty regularly.

xx

mr man
15-09-2010, 04:54 PM
thanks for the advice guys, i think i'm sticking with what is in there for now, and ask Mrs O when she comes for her advice on it.
i'll stick it on my list of questions so i have some for her. :)

I'll reply when i get the info next week.

Graham
15-09-2010, 08:55 PM
I just bought this from Amazon, hope it wasn't a rip off as I have no frame of reference... :D

£14 for "Steroplast Childcare / Childminders First Aid Kit - OFSTED HSE NCMA Compliant", and 2.50 postage.

Thank you for advice people!

xxx

As Sarah says you can earn a few pennies for the forum if you use the shop your first aid kit is here in the shop.

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/childminding-21/detail/B001E0DA2U

The money we earn helps towards the running costs and keeps the forum free to use.

jane5
23-09-2010, 09:21 AM
This may be a silly question but do you need to have 2 first aid boxes?

1 to keep in the house and a smaller 1 to take out with you?

Or do you not need to take one out with you?

Daisy1956
23-09-2010, 08:38 PM
I have two one for in the house and one to take out because i have a bad memory and thought I would keep forgetting to put it back in the house.

mr man
27-09-2010, 09:11 PM
hi, sorru for the late reply, Mrs O said that ( as mentioned before) i'd hope you dont come across a situation requiring 4 triangluar banages.

we looked at the info and explained that the booklet is showing 6 for the use in playgroups and various places like that.

so we will be ok with the list of contents that it come with.

karensmart4
27-09-2010, 09:34 PM

We have one in a box in the playroom cupboard as well as a smaller basic first aid kit with a notebook and pencil added in a drawstring bag for outings.
It saves messing about and keeps everything where it should be :D

Tina O
28-09-2010, 07:11 AM
I have three 1st aid kits, one in the house, a smaller travel version in my minding shoulder bag, mainly for grazes in the park, and I also have to carry a 'car' version in my car as it's required by law in Germany.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-09-2010, 07:22 AM

I have a full first aid kit in the house, a smaller one in the car, including my resusitation kit and a mini one in my hand bag