PDA

View Full Version : Parents information packs and contracts

red rooster
15-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Can i please as some advice from you lovely ladies. I am just in the process of registering and have been sorting out policies and procedurs etc while all the paperwork etc Ofsted need to do is getting done.

What do I need to put in and do I need to make a parents information pack? I have kind off started one and so far it has data collection sheets, safeguarding policy, complaints procedure, working with parents policy and a list of notifiable diseases. i thought about writing a bit about myself and my family but not sure on how to word it. Do i need to put all my qualifications down?

Can you have too many policies and procedures??? I have 21 at the min, i think I have gone a bit mad with them.:laughing:

And i had better just ask one more question now or this will turn into and essay :D How do i go about making a contract with parents because i want it to be as simple as posible but still cover everyones needs and security.

:confused:

sarah707
15-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Can i please as some advice from you lovely ladies. I am just in the process of registering and have been sorting out policies and procedurs etc while all the paperwork etc Ofsted need to do is getting done.

What do I need to put in and do I need to make a parents information pack? I have kind off started one and so far it has data collection sheets, safeguarding policy, complaints procedure, working with parents policy and a list of notifiable diseases. i thought about writing a bit about myself and my family but not sure on how to word it. Do i need to put all my qualifications down?

Put yourself in the position of a parent - what would like want to see / read?

It's a good idea to introduce you and your family and to talk about the ways in which children will be stimulated while they are with you.

you might include a routine / outings list... things like that are popular with parents - and a sample menu

Can you have too many policies and procedures??? I have 21 at the min, i think I have gone a bit mad with them.:laughing:

You need as many as you feel necessary. There is no right or wrong amount.

And i had better just ask one more question now or this will turn into and essay :D How do i go about making a contract with parents because i want it to be as simple as posible but still cover everyones needs and security.

If you are insured via NCMA you need to use their contracts.

if you are insured via Morton Michel I would suggest you use their contracts - at least to start with until you have more experience.

It's too big an issue to get wrong! :eek:

:confused:

I hope this helps :D

red rooster
16-09-2010, 07:47 PM
thank you, that has helped me loads.:thank you: