PDA

View Full Version : DHC - unit 2 - help with A & B please?

Helcatt
14-09-2010, 08:58 PM
I have been getting myself in a muddle - which I am very good at at the best of times. I have read and re-read and re-typed most of the unit but can I please have some guidance here?

Unit 3 I got a B and unit 4 I got an A but even then, the feedback was that I need to "analyse" and "Evaluate" more/better.

B - Analyse the role of the practitioner in promoting children's rights
A - Evaluate the impact of recent and relevant research on children's rights in relation to practice

However hard I try, this is the stuff I go blank on, I just don't know where to start and I struggle to work out in my head what is relevant and what is just waffle

Many many thanks, your help is much appreciated

Helen

Jensarah
02-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Hello, I'm new on here. Did Unit 2 last year. For B I talked about how I ensured children in my care are given choices, even in a limited way, and had time for play (UNCRC) and how their rights to achieve and enjoy were enabled by me (providing enjoyable activities that support learning, empowering them, boosting their self esteem etc), involving parents, children's individual needs.
For A I combined it with E1 and expanded on Every Child Matters, explored the Gillick Competancy (I think it's called) where Victoria Gillick sued an NHS trust when the GP prescribed the pill to her underage daughter without her knowledge and the implications of that, (Gillick v West Norfolk and Wisbech Area Health Authority and DHSS 1986),and the UNCRC giving all children the right to play and be educated (and in EYFS play = education)
Hope this helps. Good luck. I'm currently really struggling with Unit 5. I am 3000 words over the max word count and can't seem to cut it down. Also spent ages researching the A question, was pleased with my answer then found it it was the wrong question - we had been given old paperwork!! Now got to do new question. Oh well
Jen

Helcatt
04-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks so much for that, I found it really helpful.

Did you feel like you were repeating yourself alot though? I was thinking the things you were saying, but have said it a lot already in D & C

That must be so frustrating to find you have the wrong question to work from.

I just need to post this off then I will be on to Unit 5. Every unit so far I have been way over on the word count and even when I asked for feedback on how to cut this down, I didn't get any real help as the tutor wsa loathed to see me cutting back on examples to back up my theories

HX