PDA

View Full Version : FEES FOR SHIFT WORKER

CHEEKY BEE
14-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi, just wanted a bit of help with how to charge.

I have a parent who wants 7am to 6pm, some weeks it is 3 days, some weeks are 2 days and some weeks are just 1 day.

It is for an under 5 space and because the days fall differently every week I would need to keep a full time Mon to Fri space free for this child.

Do I just charge for the days attended or do I charge a retainer.

Also what do you do for holidays?

karensmart4
14-09-2010, 07:33 PM
I look after a baby for a shift worker, I was really worried that they would even ask me as I'm their next door neighbour and thought it might be awkward :(

But as it turns out they were happy to pay for all week and use the hours whether Dad is at work or not, like they said it will help keep lo in a routine :)

If they were to push you for just charging on days used you have to explain that you have to hold those hours open, therefore unfortunately they do need to be paid for,

Good luck :thumbsup:

jaja
14-09-2010, 07:35 PM
All childminders are different, some charge for full time space, some charge full for time used and retainer for the rest of the time, some charge for certain amount of days used a month, depends on if you want to be full all the time xxx

candy cat
14-09-2010, 07:35 PM
50% retainer which is non refundable .....I don't charge for my holidays....I only charge when I am available for work.

CHEEKY BEE
15-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks for all your replies, :jump for joy: