PDA

View Full Version : development matters for learning journeys

loopyloo79
14-09-2010, 09:46 AM
hi

im sure i saw a link/download somewhere on the forum for a a development matters summary to put in the front of the learning journey but i cant seem to find it now. does any1 have it or use it? is this the right thing to use? :-)

miffy
14-09-2010, 04:40 PM
It's in the free resources (free downloads section) - click on button at top of forum and follow the link

Miffy xx

loopyloo79
14-09-2010, 07:18 PM
thanks hun :-D

karenandsmile
01-12-2010, 11:38 AM
ok im being thick here i cant find it lol and as my ncma officer wants one in the front of the journals and highlighted and dated when they acheive these goals can anyone point me in the right direction all i can find is the ones in the books which isnt photo coping to well ??? book to thick lol

mrs_scottydog
01-12-2010, 02:31 PM
ok im being thick here i cant find it lol and as my ncma officer wants one in the front of the journals and highlighted and dated when they acheive these goals can anyone point me in the right direction all i can find is the ones in the books which isnt photo coping to well ??? book to thick lol

I think the ones Miffy is talking about are the EYFS assessment sheets in the downloads. They cover the different age groups in the EYFS. Hope that helps. Hx

sarah707
01-12-2010, 06:00 PM

With respect to your NCMA officer this is NOT what the development matters statements are about!!

They are there for guidance and for giving ideas of what children might be doing at different ages.

But they are absolutely not for highlighting and ticking off when children achieve goals.

That would be returning to the clip board mentality of standing watching children climb steps to make sure they are using alternate legs... and that kind of observational assessment is not a requirement of the Eyfs.

You might choose to note with a date that a child has achieved something but the date should always be backed up with an observation, photo, note from parents, comment from the child, key worker assessment from another setting etc.

I hope this clarifies. :D