PDA

View Full Version : Non refundable deposit

louised
14-09-2010, 09:07 AM
For those who require a non-refundable deposit to hold a vacancy, what documentation do you use other than the contract, do you get parents to sign anything else?

funfunfun
14-09-2010, 10:23 AM
No just in the contract !!

I write it in there as a non refundable . they sign the bottom of the contract in doncaster !

grindal
14-09-2010, 10:42 AM
When parents give me the deposit I give them a receipt. I write on it clearly that it is a non refundable deposit. When they sign the contracts I again state the deposit is non refundable and does not count towards fees.

louised
14-09-2010, 10:54 AM
When they sign the contracts I again state the deposit is non refundable and does not count towards fees.

So you dont take the deposit off the first weeks fees? I was thinking of asking for the first weeks fees as the deposit

grindal
14-09-2010, 10:59 AM
So you dont take the deposit off the first weeks fees? I was thinking of asking for the first weeks fees as the deposit

I use the deposit for settling in sessions, price of contracts, the time I spend on interviews and paperwork before a mindee starts, printing off policies, and to cover part of my ofsted and NCMA fees.

I would be reluctant to offset the first weeks fees as if a parent leaves without notice you will be out of pocket!

Millenium
14-09-2010, 11:08 AM
My deposits are non refundable and that is made clear in the confirmation letter/receipt the parents receives from me. I retain the deposit not to offset the first months fees but instead to offset the last months fees. I hold the money "on account" until the child leaves me which might be 2,3 or more years. By doing this, it gives me a buffer of one full month's money in the unlikely event of non payment.

I understood that a deposit can only be used a part payment for a service and if the money is to cover non-recurring items it should be called something like "an administration fee".

candy cat
14-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I have a childcare acceptance form that i use..... you can have copy if you want... email me cx

Bushpig
14-09-2010, 12:12 PM
My deposits are non refundable and that is made clear in the confirmation letter/receipt the parents receives from me. I retain the deposit not to offset the first months fees but instead to offset the last months fees. I hold the money "on account" until the child leaves me which might be 2,3 or more years. By doing this, it gives me a buffer of one full month's money in the unlikely event of non payment.

This is what I do.

louised
14-09-2010, 01:25 PM
I have a childcare acceptance form that i use..... you can have copy if you want... email me cx

I have pm'd you

susi513
16-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I keep the deposit until the final day of childcare, less any outstanding payments of course! I issue a receipt which also states "interest does not accrue" and the only documentation I use is the contract and my handbook (the contract requires parents sign agreement to the handbook as well as the contract).

I also charge a one-off registration fee of £20 per family when they first join, as payment towards the costs of enrolling their child.

shmuck9681
05-04-2011, 09:33 PM

Hi
could i get a copy of this form please i cant pm you or email you so was hoping you could email to me,

<email address removed>

Thanks in advance
ally

Pauline
06-04-2011, 06:38 AM
Hi
could i get a copy of this form please i cant pm you or email you so was hoping you could email to me,

<email address removed>

Thanks in advance
ally

Ally it is best not to put your email address in public, you should be able to PM members, there is no reason why not. :)

miffy
06-04-2011, 06:45 AM
I give the parents a receipt for the deposit - it says what the deposit is for, that it's non-refundable if they don't take up the place and what will happen to it when they start - I take it off the first month's fees.

Miffy xx