PDA

View Full Version : advice please

mr man
13-09-2010, 05:40 PM
i have my pre reg next week, and im thinking about the questions, and one that im stuck on at the mo is the multi cultrural Q.

how can i show i'd support this, ? or any ideas what can i say.

thanks

boageymonster
13-09-2010, 06:01 PM
i just said multi cutrual books dolls etc etc making sure you are aware of riligus beliefs food preferences etc. good luck

sarah707
13-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Good ideas there from boageymonster.

Have a nosey through this thread for a few more :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41&highlight=multicultural

linda2girls
13-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I have multicultural dress-up clothes, games (a kangaroo game, a chinese wok game). Also, the Ofsted inspector advised me to talk to children about their holidays, what food did they eat, did the people speak a different language, what was the weather like? etc. A group of local childminders here organised a buffet lunch in the local Indian restaurant for the children. We dressed up, had a buffet lunch and finished by dancing to Indian music. On the web there are some multicultural alphabet cards that you can print out and put on display. A lot of jigsaws, games and books have multicultural children on now.

HTH

Linda.

gegele
13-09-2010, 06:13 PM
don't forget things with different abbilities : books, pictures....

my inspector advise me to print pictures of disable people or different sort, laminate them and punch some hoe in them to do threading card!!;)

mr man
13-09-2010, 06:49 PM
fantastic , thank you so much. its funny really , my mind went blank, and ive jsut thought my children are researching India in school at the moment. we did homework last week of the flag and some facts aobut india.
i do have a world map up, and a UK one which we have put little flags in of where we have been, and where our family live. (all o ver uk)

anyway, think i'll do the same thing , and my children can make the flags for some of the countries on the world map......

....its there i just needed to work my brain.