PDA

View Full Version : crb

boageymonster
12-09-2010, 07:15 AM
hi all, im new to the forum and have been pre reg since may :)
just wanting some advice really re my hubby. Dont want to go into to much detail but 5 yrs ago shortly before we met he had a mental break down and self harmed quite serverly . obviously we have both had to have crbs done he has also had to get his dr to complete a health dec too, anyway his crb arrived yesterday which i was very excited about as this should mean i am ready to register but on it it goes into a lot of detail about what he did :mad: i am now thinking ofsted are gonna say no and even if they say yes whhat parent is gonna want to leave there children with me now?
Hubby is on medication and hasnt relapsed in 5 yrs it was a one of incident he gained custody of his son before this happened and ss have always been happy for this to remainn the same, he has never or will never be a danger to our or anyone elses children.
Also on the crb it says about domestic violence with partner :angry: doesnt give a name so it looks like its me even though it was his ex ( this is the reason ds was taken from her and placed with hubby)
what do you all recon should i just give up now?

sarah707
12-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the forum :waving:

Nobody knows what Ofsted will decide except Ofsted themselves.

It is all down to how much of a risk they consider your husband's past to pose to the children you will look after.

To make that decision Ofsted will listen to the police, social services and your husband's doctor.

They might also call you and / or your husband in for an interview.

If you are unhappy with Ofsted's decision there is an appeals process.

I hope it works out for you :D

Mookins
12-09-2010, 08:35 AM
bless your hearts, what an awful thing to have to go throgh
your husband must feel awful that its all in the air because of his past...at the end of the dayonly OFSTED will decide whats to be....

i think most people have stages in our life where it goes " a bit pete tong" so to speak

if the drs say hes ok to be around children and ss have given him custody of his son so a lot can be said for that already

i wish you both the best of luck big hugs to you both

xxx

boageymonster
12-09-2010, 10:59 AM
well now that all crb etc are done im hoping to get an answer soon its the not knowing thats driving me mad :panic:
also the problem of showing future parents his crb. i wasnt aware they would go into so much detail!!

Mookins
12-09-2010, 03:18 PM
well now that all crb etc are done im hoping to get an answer soon its the not knowing thats driving me mad :panic:
also the problem of showing future parents his crb. i wasnt aware they would go into so much detail!!

they may not ask to see them, or you could put them in a folder with just his name showing at least the parents have then seen he has one in place without seeing the actual details

xx

boageymonster
12-09-2010, 04:53 PM
@ mookins. on the plus side the bad bits are on the back so i was thinking of framing it and mine to put up with my reg certificate :blush:
Its such a awful situation as he is a brill dad/ step dad and is great with kids any how he works so would only be around them for an hr a day and never left alone with them

charlie potato
12-09-2010, 10:03 PM
whatever the outcome he has to stay proud with himself for coming through the other side from the bad crap. Domestic violence is a problem for so many and he'll be a stronger person now for it all and a brilliant dad. the main thing is he got out. xx;)

boageymonster
13-09-2010, 09:55 AM
thank you charlie potato.
Well ive called them and they have all the information needed and just have to wait on a decision :( hope it doent take to long!!!

boageymonster
23-09-2010, 11:14 AM
just a quick update. ofsted are coming out next wk to see dh and discuss the ss report and we've had a letter from a private dr working for ofsted requesting dhs doctor send yet anouther medical report grrrrr so by the looks of things im not gonna be registered before xmas :(