PDA

View Full Version : What does this Development Matters / EYFS link mean ?

Zoomie
11-09-2010, 10:09 PM
I have been a childminder for just over a year now, but had no childcare experience prior to that (excluding my own children of course).

Anyway, sometimes when I am going through the development matters / eyfs links I think to myself : what does this mean or I wish I had an example of this. I have looked at the Look, listen and note column but still I am unsure.

So please can someone give me an example / explain these further for me, or confirm I am on the right route:

16-26m PSED Dispositions & Attitudes - Learn that they are special through responses of adults to individual differences and similarities.

16-26m PSED Sense of Community - Learn that they have similarities and differences that connect them to, and distinguish them from, others.

16-26m KUW - Time - Associate a sequence of actions with daily routines.
I have a daily routine written for said child. Could his response to me saying snack time, and then following us upstairs to wash hands and then back down to table confirmation of this ??

16-26m PD - Using Equipment & Materials - Put together a sequence of actions.
Would putting together a few track pieces and then running train along track be meeting this ??

16-26m PSRN - Calculating - Are learning to classify by organising and arranging toys with increasing intent.
Is correctly putting toys back at tidy-up time confirmation of this link ?

16-26m PSRN - Calculating - Categorise objects according to their properties.
Is this any differnt from putting toys back at tidy-up time ??

Sorry, but I do have a few more that I may need help on. Hopefully someone can be of assistance :o

Pipsqueak
11-09-2010, 10:19 PM
WHY are you working at this time of night on a Saturday you lunatic!!!!!

I
16-26m PSED Dispositions & Attitudes - Learn that they are special through responses of adults to individual differences and similarities.
that old inclusion adage - we are all the same we are all different.
its about how we as adults value and treat the child and their abilities

16-26m PSED Sense of Community - Learn that they have similarities and differences that connect them to, and distinguish them from, others.

I have a daily routine written for said child. Could his response to me saying snack time, and then following us upstairs to wash hands and then back down to table confirmation of this ??

sounds right to me. after snack and story at 4 mum comes to pick me up
that sort of thing

Would putting together a few track pieces and then running train along track be meeting this ??
yep, that and setting the table for instance

16-26m PSRN - Calculating - Are learning to classify by organising and arranging toys with increasing intent.
Is correctly putting toys back at tidy-up time confirmation of this link ?
also categorsising toys - such as putting all the farm animals together because they are or aren't playing with farms today
all thse toys together because they make a noise

Is this any differnt from putting toys back at tidy-up time ??
not much different
all thse toys have 4 wheels
are these toys are round

Sorry, but I do have a few more that I may need help on. Hopefully someone can be of assistance :o

hope some of that helps - my brain has stopped working at this time of night. hopefully you can get a good nights sleep now those have been answered lol:D

gegele
12-09-2010, 07:27 AM
I have been a childminder for just over a year now, but had no childcare experience prior to that (excluding my own children of course).

Anyway, sometimes when I am going through the development matters / eyfs links I think to myself : what does this mean or I wish I had an example of this. I have looked at the Look, listen and note column but still I am unsure.

So please can someone give me an example / explain these further for me, or confirm I am on the right route:

i did real size cut out of the kids using wall paper, we mark around each other, looked at each other and ourself to decideon eye colour.... we also compare hands and foot prints.

I have a daily routine written for said child. Could his response to me saying snack time, and then following us upstairs to wash hands and then back down to table confirmation of this ?? yes, this works as if you said we need to change your nappy and kid was going to get the changing mat/bag

Would putting together a few track pieces and then running train along track be meeting this ?? my first thought was taking a stamp/veg , dig it in paint then make marks

Is correctly putting toys back at tidy-up time confirmation of this link ? i would say put all the cars together, then put the red cars together, seperate the big ones for the small ones...that kid of things

Is this any differnt from putting toys back at tidy-up time ?? if your toys are organised one specific boxe for the cars, one for the cubes, one for lego...then yes i think tidy up time works

i hope i helped.:thumbsup:

Zoomie
12-09-2010, 03:27 PM
WHY are you working at this time of night on a Saturday you lunatic!!!!!

hope some of that helps - my brain has stopped working at this time of night. hopefully you can get a good nights sleep now those have been answered lol:D

Thanks, still struggle with the inclusion bit.

Zoomie
12-09-2010, 03:27 PM
i hope i helped.:thumbsup:

Yes you have, thanks.