PDA

View Full Version : EYFS & After schoolers

michaldr
09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
can someone help pls?
I have just taken on 2 after schoolers - one is a little girl who will be 5 in December and the other a little boy who will be 6 in December.

My question is do I still have to do eyfs with the little girl? I know you are meant to do it until August after 5th birthday but they are only here for 2-3 hours each day which also has to fit in dinner and time just seems to go!

Im assuming I dont have to do it for the little boy?

Seeing as they are both in full time education, it just seems a little pointless :)

sarah707
09-09-2010, 04:57 PM
You will find that you do a lot of the Eyfs already with your normal daily routines.

All children from birth to the start of Year 1 are in the eyfs.

Hth :D

curlycathy
09-09-2010, 07:01 PM
I agree - you'll find that you do it all naturally anyway. I used to look after before school twice a week and after school once a week. I didnt stress about it but found it evolved anyway - conversations on the way home from school for example - he liked a garden pond we used to pass and this led onto a discussion about whether a whale would fit in it, which led onto how many steps you have to take to get the length of a whale etc. By the time we got home my ds and him were dragging out the nature books to look at and drawing pictures etc!

Also it was easier cos I had him in the hols too so could obviously do more then.

Dont stress it, its all fine!

Tina O
09-09-2010, 07:06 PM
agree with above xx

michaldr
12-09-2010, 08:41 AM
thanks everyone! I suppose i will just need to make more of an effort to jot things down and record things for the little girl :)

Should I be jotting anything down for the little boy? not sure if ofsted will expect to see at least something for him?

Kiwikids
12-09-2010, 09:01 AM
thanks everyone! I suppose i will just need to make more of an effort to jot things down and record things for the little girl :)

Should I be jotting anything down for the little boy? not sure if ofsted will expect to see at least something for him?

Agree with the above re the little girl. I'd say no, you don't "have" to do anything for the 6 yr old, but I have a scrap book that I put photos of activities and trips etc and I include everyone in the setting. Hope this helps. :)