PDA

View Full Version : Business Use Car Insurance?

Noomie
08-09-2010, 05:59 PM
My husband is looking into car insurance for me at the moment. It's so expensive!

He has got a very much cheaper quote but NCMA motors are saying it's likely to not include business use for childminders despite being business use insurance - wrong class or something.

Can anyone shed any light on what exactly I have to have?

Cheers!

J

Mookins
08-09-2010, 06:55 PM
i was looking for insurance for me and was doing it wrong because currently im on hubbys insurance so was looking for insurance but was putting it as a whole new policy so wel into the £500 bracket:eek:

then a friend explained and we looked it up as :eek: business insurance for me on his policy and its actually cheaper for both of us than last year:clapping: :clapping:

hope that helps
xx

Straws
08-09-2010, 06:56 PM
you need business class 2, any insurance company/broker will do this for you at no extra cost, just make sure you are on as named driver and your occupation is listed as childminder:)

Straws xx

Noomie
08-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Will let him know! Thanks a mill.

charlie potato
08-09-2010, 08:01 PM
does that mean that the insurance isnt anymore expensive than it would be for domestic? xx:idea:

Carpet Monkeys
09-09-2010, 05:45 PM
I've just contacted my insurance company to get it addedd on as start minding next week, and after an extensive list of questions they confirmed it as Business Class 1. Didn't make any difference to the premium just an admin fee!

I think the first question threw me a little bit -

Do you carry passengers for reward - to which I answered no, after telling her that I'm getting paid to care for the child and will take them from my house to toddler group etc. This question is more for a taxi