PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Mind if I join?

Noomie
08-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone,

Well after an eventful last couple of weeks which included delayed certificates due to not enough postage paid on the delivery (Grrrr!), I am now a registered childminder and need a bit of support and encouragement.

I have just taken on two girls after school and they are lovely. However after not working for a couple of months, I'm starting to feel a little anxious that I haven't got any children during the day yet and there doesn't seem that many people needing care at the moment. Does this tend to be a slow time of year?

There are a few people out there looking for a childminder in January 2011 but as I am only just starting out this seems too far away. Should I charge a retainer for someone who wanted to secure you for then?

I can be found on childcare.co.uk and direct.gov and am doing a flyer drop at some of the local nurseries and sure start centres in the next couple of days. Is there anything else that I can do to get 'out' there?

Looking forward to getting to know you and learning from your collective and valuable experience.

J x

maryp0ppins
08-09-2010, 12:34 PM
hello :waving:

for the parents looking for care after Xmas, instead of asking for a retainer ask for a months non refundable deposit if this works for you!!

Children are like buses (excuse the expression) it can be very quiet, then you get so many calls you have to turn work away...

I think what you've been doing for advertising yourself I cant fault what you've done......fingers crossed you'll get some phone call :thumbsup:

Carol M
08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Hello,
I have just taken on some after schoolies because it's very quiet in the 0-5 department at present. That's how it goes tho!
Wishing you best of luck, you're doing all the right things.
Carol xx

Noomie
08-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Thank-you for your replies. Guess I just have to wait it out and keep the faith!