PDA

View Full Version : CRB check

ginag
05-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi! I'm just in the process of re-registering after less than 2 year break. Have just started ICP.

My CRB is still in date but only till Nov.

I'm hoping to be registered asap but wondering does anyone know if will I be asked to renew CRB before registration as there is less than 6months left on the cert?

Thank you

Ginag xx

LittleAcorns
05-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Hi Gina, sorry Im not sure, but wanted to say hope the process is quick for you x

Noodles
05-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Hi! I'm just in the process of re-registering after less than 2 year break. Have just started ICP.

My CRB is still in date but only till Nov.

I'm hoping to be registered asap but wondering does anyone know if will I be asked to renew CRB before registration as there is less than 6months left on the cert?

Thank you

Ginag xx

Hi Gina and welcome to the forum, I wasnt aware that a crb had a set time on it

Mollymop
05-04-2008, 11:03 PM
No I didnt realise that either,
but I think if you have had a 2 year break, which means your registration has lapsed, you will need to have a new crb done. X

sarah707
06-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Here is my CRB letter to Ofsted and their reply... :D

I wonder if you can help please?

It says on the CRB website that there is no period of validity for CRB checks -

http://www.crb.org.uk/Default.aspx?page=289&qid=474

A childminder friend of mine was told by an Ofsted inspector that her CRB would run out after 3 years, yet there are lots of childminders working without CRB checks because they were police checked under the old social services system and have never been updated.

Can you please clarify whether Ofsted put a time limit on validity of CRB checks and who would pay if they had to be re-done every 3 years.

Thank you,

Dear,
Thank you for your e-mail.
CRB checks do not have an expiry date however its is advisable that they are updated every three years.
Ofsted carry out checks on all registered childminders and other persons living at an address of a registered childminder that are over the age of 16 years.
At the present time we are unable to carry out any updated checks and the CRB checks previously carried out are sufficient.
However should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards
Joanna Wright, Customer Service Advisor
Ofsted - National Business Unit TEL: 08456 404040

chels55
06-04-2008, 10:28 AM
not sure about where you live but the CSSIW inspector told me that crbs need to be renewed every three years, this was also the case when i worked at local school

ginag
06-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I think it will probably be best to give Ofsted a call to clarify. Ideally my registration could go ahead as long as I updated my CRB in Nov when it will have been 3 years old. But knowing my luck I'll have to do another one!

Husband taking kids to his mum's tmoro so house all to myself for a whole week!! Will be super efficient and sort it out!

Ginag xx