PDA

View Full Version : Computershare Vouchers

grindal
06-09-2010, 01:33 PM
One of my parents has approached me about paying using these vouchers. I have no At the moment they pay 4 weekly, but term time only - so do not pay the same amount every 4 weeks.
The vouchers want to pay me on the 1st of the month. Does this mean I will need to invoice the same amount on the 1st of every month? Or can the amount vary?
Anyone any experience of this?

Mykidsrock
06-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Depends on what their bill is but you can only claim £243 a month in vouchers per person claiming them x

oakie dokie
06-09-2010, 01:37 PM
I accept these vouchers, I work out my fees pro-rata so they are the same every month. it works for me. I take off my holidays and average it out over 12 months.

oakie dokie
06-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I was going to mention the £243 but one of my parents uses accorr and pays me £600 plus from the vouchers, so not sure how this works?

berkschick
06-09-2010, 01:46 PM
The parents can transfer as much as they want into vouchers but only get benefit on £243.

I am paid by vouchers on 1st of every month and the amount varies. The parents can vary the amount they pay out of the voucher.

oakie dokie
06-09-2010, 01:49 PM
thanks for that, I often wondered how it worked :idea:

grindal
06-09-2010, 02:27 PM
The parents can transfer as much as they want into vouchers but only get benefit on £243.

I am paid by vouchers on 1st of every month and the amount varies. The parents can vary the amount they pay out of the voucher.

OK, so I can just give them a monthly invoice and it is between the parent and the vouchershare company who pays what and when.

Thanks for that.

curlycathy
06-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Just be aware that they can take up to 5 days to clear into your account from when parents trigger the payment though. After 18 months of putting up with parents being late triggering payments I gave them all my new policy which reminds them it is their responsibility to ensure they trigger payments in time, if they don't they must make alternative arrangements - cash! - and run the risk of incurring a £5 per day late payment charge.

Funny how they all paid on time this month:rolleyes:

grindal
06-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Just be aware that they can take up to 5 days to clear into your account from when parents trigger the payment though. After 18 months of putting up with parents being late triggering payments I gave them all my new policy which reminds them it is their responsibility to ensure they trigger payments in time, if they don't they must make alternative arrangements - cash! - and run the risk of incurring a £5 per day late payment charge.

Good to know!
Thanks

Lady Haha
07-09-2010, 08:39 PM

Mmmmm, interesting! I had a parent paying me with computershare vouchers on an averaged out monthly fee to cover term time and hols, but then she had to drop termtime and now pays for hols just before they arise meaning last time she had to pay me £600 at the beginning of August! Would she be better off averaging the hols payments out so I am paid monthly? I know I would!!!

The Juggler
08-09-2010, 06:29 AM

I used to get them at work before salary sacrifice scheme arrived so assume workplaces can offer them as a benefit in kind - just means parent will pay tax on anything over and above.

snufflepuff
08-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Mmmmm, interesting! I had a parent paying me with computershare vouchers on an averaged out monthly fee to cover term time and hols, but then she had to drop termtime and now pays for hols just before they arise meaning last time she had to pay me £600 at the beginning of August! Would she be better off averaging the hols payments out so I am paid monthly? I know I would!!!

When i was paid by voucher as a nanny, my boss had been saving them up before i started and they paid my first 2 months wages in full. Not sure if it works like that if you do it all electronically (she used to give me paper vouchers and i'd have to spend ages typing out loads of 25-digit codes!!)
So maybe this parent collects them up to pay you before the hols start?

sarah707
08-09-2010, 07:14 AM

I am in this position at the moment and will need to speak to parents next session and remind them they are supposed to trigger vouchers in advance :rolleyes:

Hopefully it's just a blip :D

Chatterbox Childcare
08-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Parents can opt to have payments sent automatically - all my companies do this.