PDA

View Full Version : Which Treasure Basket?

Tink
06-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi I am thinking of purchasing a treasure basket but wondered if anyone else had one? and what your thoughts were on what you have.
I have just taken on a baby who is 8 months old and I think she would love this as would the other children, but there are so many different types, I stuck between natural and sensory

miffy
06-09-2010, 06:49 AM
I make my own - much cheaper and then you can tailor it to the child.

If you google treasure baskets you'll get lots of ideas for things to put in them.

Miffy xx

Tina O
06-09-2010, 07:02 AM
I also make my own and then put in seasonal things and stuff relating to the topic covered with other children. I have lots of 'wood' kitchen stuff the I rotate round, honey spoons, egg cups, wood spoons different sizes and shapes etc and then just add other things to it, eg if I'm doing a nature topic I add my stones, cones, then for transport/travel I add keys, big wheels.

Mines not sensory or natural but a bit of both.

lisal5632
06-09-2010, 07:08 AM
I make my own and also Story sacks are really easy 2!

Tina O
06-09-2010, 07:28 AM
I make my own and also Story sacks are really easy 2!

I've never made a story sack, how do you go about that?

funfunfun
06-09-2010, 07:31 AM
I have yet to make a story sack but ther is lots of ideas for treasure baskets on netmums

I have a mixed treasure basket with allsorte in the children love it :thumbsup:

karensmart4
06-09-2010, 07:39 AM
I make my own baskets for the babies, and am in the process of making story sacks.

I have made a little song/rhyme bag....I downloaded some pictures of a teapot, a spider, a grandfather clock etc and I laminated them, the children take turns in picking a picture out of the bag and we sing or recite the song or rhyme. :D