PDA

View Full Version : 5 year olds

jake
05-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Im a bit confused,do we just have a daily diary for the children who are 5 and over?as we only have them for a couple of hours and that time is taken up with pick ups drop offs and giving them breakfast or tea! help! thanks jake

shelly2012
05-09-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't maybe just in the holidays but during term time no, not a lot of time to do activities. But i'm new so I might be wrong others will give you better advice.

:laughing:

Tina O
06-09-2010, 07:41 AM
I do journals for all my mindees as my 8yrs old mindee wanted one too when she saw the one's I was doing for pre-schoolers. I make sure I take photo's of her too, and she does craft and cookery after school so all are noted in the 'book'. She is very excited to take it home at end of week to show mum! I don't think you have to do them for children not in early years but it helped S* feel included...

karensmart4
06-09-2010, 08:10 AM
You can do them a book of their own such as a scrap book that they can help make up themselves and add photos etc to.

They can put things into it that they have done at school/home or with you anything they want to add to make it 'theirs' :D

jake
06-09-2010, 09:23 AM
thanks for that,think i will let the over 5s have a scrapbook to as i dont want them to feel left out. thanks again jake x

mummyof3
06-09-2010, 11:10 AM
I gave my over 5s the option and all of them said 'nah don't wanna do it just wanna play out' :laughing:

I take pics anyway and keep them in a file just in case ;)