PDA

View Full Version : ref numbers

devoncm
05-04-2008, 09:11 AM
might sound a daft question but what should i put in the ref column, ive not got many reciepts and not sure how to do this bit, any help greatly appreciated

thanks

sarah707
05-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Not sure what you mean? What system are you using?

devoncm
05-04-2008, 09:21 AM
I got everything from morton michel and in the expenses part its got a reference column

katickles
05-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Sorry i use NCMA. One of the others will help you out though i'm sure. :)

sarah707
05-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh yes I see it... I'm looking at a copy.

I would imagine it's the reference of the bill but I wouldn't worry about it tbh... is this any easier to use? :D

devoncm
05-04-2008, 10:03 AM
thanks for all the help
yes sarah that looks way so much easier

miffy
05-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks Sarah for sharing that

I am interested that you offset a % of your TV licence broadband and house insurance(is that contents or buildings or both) as i didn't know you could do that - so if it's not too nosy a question what % do you offset for each

Does everybody else do this too

miffy xx

crazybones
05-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks Sarah for sharing that

I am interested that you offset a % of your TV licence broadband and house insurance(is that contents or buildings or both) as i didn't know you could do that - so if it's not too nosy a question what % do you offset for each

Does everybody else do this too

miffy xx

I havent done it before but there is a lot I didnt do before finding this forum. I am presuming (am sure someone will correct me) that these might fall into the 10% part and then also reducing the percentage depending on your hours. Does that make sense? It does in my head but not when I read it back.

sarah707
05-04-2008, 04:03 PM
I am presuming (am sure someone will correct me) that these might fall into the 10% part and then also reducing the percentage depending on your hours. Does that make sense? It does in my head but not when I read it back.

Yes that's what I do... I use a percentage of the tv for minding (mindees watch it), so I claim for it... the major reason I have broadband is for minding (my use and the children I mind... I look after a lot of older ones) ... my house insurance is like anything else, I might choose not to have it but as I am minding, it is a necessity, therefore I claim a %age, on the sliding scale as described by Annie and the tax link here...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim52751.htm

It really is about being able to justify what you claim... if you use it and you can justify it, then claim it.

I am glad you are finding my form helpful. :D

miffy
05-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks Sarah - I like your thinking

miffy xx

Monkey1
05-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks Sarah, there is a few things on your list that i hadn't thought about before but i will do now :D :thumbsup:

miffy
05-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks Sarah, there is a few things on your list that i hadn't thought about before but i will do now :D :thumbsup:

Same here monkey - you live and learn :)

miffy xx