PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Tribe_mummy
03-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I am getting prepared for mmy pre-reg visit now my paperwork is done, and writing my to do list.

Can I just check the following as know things have differed from when I previously minded under BFEYS.
1) Do cleaning products need to be kept in a locked cupboard or will a child lock on a cupboard suffice? And if so are they allowed to be under the kitchen sink (this was a big no no before), or do they have to be out of reach?

2) Obviously medicines need to be out of reach, do they need to be locked away? I was thinking about having mine right on the top shelf of my pantry, (this is also where I keep my alcohol) I was going to put a bolt on the top of the pantry door which is over 6ft high.

3) Do fire blankets need to be fixed to the wall, if so how far away can they be from the cooker?

4) Blind cords - do they need to be in those special box things or can we just tie them up?

Thanks in advancce, any advice would be appreciated.

Jac xx

jadylasa
03-09-2010, 01:25 PM
1) My cleanig products are in my undersink cupboard on with child proof catch.
2) I have 2 lockable 1st aid boxes mounted on the wall, 1 for 1st aid 1 for meds, and med needing to be kept cold are on top door shelf in fringe (fridgefreezer over 6 ft tall fridge section on the top).
3) mine is on the wall but don't think it NEEDS to be, and I think it just needs to be in your kitchen, but easily accessible i.e not in a cupboard or draw.
4)my blind cords are hung up about 6ft up.
I had my inspection in FEB and none of these raised any issues.
HTH

Tribe_mummy
03-09-2010, 03:04 PM
1) My cleanig products are in my undersink cupboard on with child proof catch.
2) I have 2 lockable 1st aid boxes mounted on the wall, 1 for 1st aid 1 for meds, and med needing to be kept cold are on top door shelf in fringe (fridgefreezer over 6 ft tall fridge section on the top).
3) mine is on the wall but don't think it NEEDS to be, and I think it just needs to be in your kitchen, but easily accessible i.e not in a cupboard or draw.
4)my blind cords are hung up about 6ft up.
I had my inspection in FEB and none of these raised any issues.
HTH

Thank you Jadylasa glad I don't have to find a new home for my cleaning products!