PDA

View Full Version : Landlords Buildings Insurance

Tribe_mummy
03-09-2010, 12:55 PM
My landlord has told me he is happy to let me childmind from his property but is havng issues with his insurers. The insurers he is with now have said they will not insure his property for business use and has asked me to find out if there is anyone else who has been in the same situation, and if so who would they recommend approaching for insurance? He has had a couple of quotes so knows he can get it but just wanted to see if many others have been in the same situation.

Sorry for rambling on lol, any advice appreciated.

(He is moving atm so askied if I could find out anything I can.)

Thanks all

rickysmiths
03-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Ive had Buildings and Contents Insurance with Churchill for years with no problem. I don't know if they offer cover for Landlords though.

Tribe_mummy
03-09-2010, 01:06 PM
I can't remember if he is with Churchill or Direct Line atm...(not having a good day today lol) I said I'd get a list together from here and call him on monday with it, he is a fab landlord and helps me out loads so its the least I can do :)

carol cameron
03-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I have landlords insurance with Halifax but I don't know if they would allow childminding so that's probably not that helpful- sorry.:blush: Hope someone else can help you properly.

sarah707
03-09-2010, 08:42 PM
I wonder if a broker like Swinton would be able to help?

They do the searching for you :D

Tribe_mummy
03-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Oh thanks Sarah not something I would have thought of, will let my landlord know!

Thank you :)