PDA

View Full Version : What toys do you have for 5-6yrs

Tink
02-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi I have a few children after school next week who are all aged 5-6 years what toys have you got to keep them entertained, I am so used to having 2-3's I'm not sure what to get for them, any ideas?

miss mopple
02-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I usually find at that age they are happy playing with the littlies toys, roleplaying and doing crafts and puzzles. Things like beads are good for the girls, and the boys love lego/magnetix type stuff

janey81
02-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Most of the children that I have are around that age now.

I always have pens, paper available as they like sitting down and drawing, we do at least 3-4 art/craft activities a week. They enjoy role play, I have a post office, sweet shop, kitchen playfood, cash till, dressing up clothes.

They love dolls, polly pocket, cars, wooden bricks and are always making something with it all.

Board games are really good, especially the Orchard Toys games, they do lots of bingo, rolling the dice games- that are simple for that age group.

I also have a selection of the first reading books so we can practice their reading.

Hope this helps

Jane

jumpinjen
03-09-2010, 07:07 AM
I agree with the others, my 5-7's play with dressing up and role-play things including doctors kit, tools, dolls, soft animals

they build things with hollow wooden blocks, duplo, lego and mega blocks (often all at once!!)

Play with small world figures and animals

craft

puzzles, jigsawa, games

outdoors things - scooter, milk crates, planks, blankets, pegs and ropes to make dens.

sand and water

and the toys for the toddlers of course!!

jen x

The Juggler
03-09-2010, 01:36 PM
older consstruction stuff is good too - octons, those magnetix. and junk modelling just get a LARGE roll of sellotape!

Tink
03-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Brillaint thanks for the ideas :)